jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is your most bone chilling, blood cuddling, and nightmare producing scariest fest to watch?   What scarefest whether it is movies, documentaries, tv shoes, tv miniseries, records, and/or books that you have watched, read, and/or listened to so far?       My current favorite scariest fest is the Discovery Channel, A HAUNTING.   I watched the series on youtube and decided to purchase seasons 1-4.     This documentary is far better than any scary movie that I have seen thus far.

2. justateacher profile image86
    justateacherposted 3 years ago

I used to watch Ghost Hunters until I saw too many things that were faked...until then it was pretty scary...As for scariest movie/book for me...Amityville Horror...at 14 I read this book while all alone at night at home in a bad neighborhood...a very scary experience...then a few years later it was the same set of circumstances when I watched the movie...it scared the bejeezus outta me!! These new horror movies out today are nothing compared to that!

1. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Justateacher,  yes today's scary movies are more of slash movies than anything else.    Most of today's horror movies are quite insubstantial to say the least.    Scary movies from the early 1960s to the mid1970s were really horror movies in the sense of the genre.   The most memorable scary movies were Black Sunday by Mario Bava,   Rosemary's Baby, and the Exorcist.     

When I saw the first movie, I had to sleep with my mother-it was THAT SCARY, especially at the end.   The Exorcist caused me to sleep with the lights on for A WEEK!      Rosemary's Baby was not that scary, it was sophisticated, Gothic horror.   I think I am going to look at Rosemary's Baby before I go to slumber!

3. justateacher profile image86
    justateacherposted 3 years ago

My husband still swears that The Exorcist was the scariest movie ever...Rosemary's Baby was good, as well...but for me nothing can beat Amityville!

4. misstoughcookie97 profile image78
    misstoughcookie97posted 3 years ago

Definately any films involving exorcism. Dreamcatcher is really, very creepy as is The Sixth Sense.

5. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 3 years ago

Definitely the Maury Show.  This one time there was this dude who swear dat baby not his and he never slept wit dat woman.  And then the Deonay test came backed like all positive!  How can that happen except through supernatural activity?! Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooky.....