jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Early Oscar predictions for the upcoming academy awards?

1. jmartin1344 profile image91
    jmartin1344posted 4 years ago

Hi all,

I'm preparing to write some hubs on the Oscars including some early predictions and favorites to be nominated and possibly who might win.  I'm looking at all the major awards - Best Picture, Acting Awards, Best Director etc...

Would love to hear some of your thoughts on some early predictions to help me put together the hubs and share some opinions on the years great films.

What do you guys think?  Let's hear some predictions!

I'll start off with what I think are a few possible Best Picture Nominations:

Lincoln
    Zero Dark Thirty
    The Master

2. Bstrassell0001 profile image62
    Bstrassell0001posted 4 years ago

Good predictions! Steven Spielberg,Daniel Day-Lewis,and maybe even Tommy Lee Jones will probably get nominations for their work on Lincoln as well.

jmartin1344posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed -

I actually have a feeling Daniel Day is going to get nominated but lose out on the award to someone unexpected.  Not sure why, but I have this feeling!

3. Bstrassell0001 profile image62
    Bstrassell0001posted 4 years ago

We'll see,anything can happen!!! There was an unknown film with Ewan McGregor-can't remember the name of it-that got nominated over the well-known films (Dark Knight Rises,Skyfall,etc.) This is an interesting year for the Golden Globes and Academy Awards.

jmartin1344posted 4 years ago in reply to this

It certainly can!

I think the film you're thinking of is Salmon Fishing in the Yemen w/ Emily Blunt.  Been wanting to see that one, but haven't had a chance.

working