jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Television Shows that should never have been canceled!

1. 0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

Okay guys, name some awesome shows that should not have been canceled and tell why.  I will start: 1.) Terra Nova
    2.) My So-Called Life
    3.) Angel

1. 0
      Lybrahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Terra Nova was awesome.  I loved the characters and the story line.  Although they wrapped it up well in the finale, I will always wonder what happened to the colonists, and the whereabouts of Lucas Taylor (played by sexy Ashley Zukerman, be still my heart!)

My So-Called Life was another awesome show that included realistic characters in realistic situations and I cared about them. 

Angel deserved a more complete finale...they tied up some storylines well, but what of the big fight with all those demons at the end?  Who made it out?

1. bBerean profile image59
        bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jericho - Good story line and character development.  Canceled after the first season, but an unprecedented fan campaign brought it back for a second season, consisting of just 7 episodes.  The writers, when they realized they were lucky to have the second chance and knowing it probably wouldn't last, really packed a lot into those 7 episodes.  Still with lots of fans, it became a comic book for what would have been season 3 and 4.

Awake - Hard to follow until the plot and characters were established, then very well done.  Lots of details to notice and thought put into each episode...until it became clear it would be cancelled.  It felt like the writers may have been a bit bitter, because they wrapped it up in a lame, simple package making the whole thing a dream sequence.  Horrible ending for such a well thought out premise. Probably a little too deep for most folks' taste because instead of being easy entertainment, it forced you to think if you hoped to follow along.

2. 0
        Lybrahposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And I have to add Ringer to the list.  I love Sarah Michelle Gellar!

1. andralynnRN profile image58
          andralynnRNposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years ago

Terriers (2010)
    V (2009)
    Pushing Daisies (2009)
    Tru Calling (2005)
    Once and Again (2002)
    Dark Angel (2002)

Some of these go back a long way, but I can really carry a torch.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

Alcatraz, brilliant thought provoking series that really had a mystical element to it, but was axed after one series.

John Doe, much the same as above, and yet again another great series axed by 'Fox' without any consideration for the viewers who were already 'hooked' on it.

Angel, because the special effects were great, storylines good and David Boreanaz brilliant.

Also agree with Sherry re- Tru Calling and Dark Angel being a mistakenly axed, they were excellent too.

1. bBerean profile image59
      bBereanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1 regarding Alcatraz.

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    And no one can talk to a horse of course
    That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
    He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
    He's always on a steady course.
    Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day
    But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
    And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
    You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.

I am Mister Ed.

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
    mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago

Dollhouse (that had great potential for more than 2 series, but was wound up rather quickly leaving a few unanswered questions).