jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Movie Sequels.

1. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

There are tons of movies that have a part 1, 2, and up to 12 sequels in a series. And, some are really good, and some are just absolute crap. My question is, what movie do you like, that you think deserves another movie to complete it, or to continue the series.

I would like to see them do a sequel to Brokeback Mountain. Maybe call it "Return to Brokeback Mountain" Or, something similar. The story could be based on Enis, trying to discover what really happened to Jack Twist. They kind of loosely put that into the story, but you don't know what really happened to Jack. I think that would be an interesting story. Like, maybe Jack had another secret life that Enis didn't know about. Maybe another lover, or, maybe Jack Twist was murdered.

Obviously you can't make that movie without Heath Ledger. But, if they can replace James bonds with several different guys, I'm sure an audience would be ok with a new Enis. After seeing the movie many times, I think Jack Twist deserves a better ending to his story, and Enis deserves closure.

I mean if they can keep putting out those lame slasher flicks up to part 10, why not do something with an interesting story. They remade the Chocolate factory, and it was crap. Can't do any worse.

1. Stina Caxe profile image88
      Stina Caxeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

A Brokeback Mountain Sequel would definitely be interesting.  Good idea.

2. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 3 years ago

I thought so too Stina.

But, it seems that hollywood is only interested in creating sequels in conjunction with selling merchandise to go with it. Or, trying to cash in on what was popular. A lot of sequels are also made by the person who produced the original. Like the Jack Ass films. Probably the most lame movies ever made, yet they are always making another one.

Brokeback Mountain did make a ton of money, though it seems that most retailers aren't interested in continuing to sell the movie. Yet you can find a zillion copies of really crappy movies like "Meet The spartans" or "Dude wheres my car?" And, a lot of movies from the 70's, as well as movies nobody has ever heard of.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
      Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Be careful Brian about what you say about the Jackass films. I remember once calling out "Jackass 3d"  as a piece of s*** in a review I wrote once on here.  And the next thing i know, I got a comment by some guy named Tre that called me an idiot, and said i deserved to be beaten to death for not liking the film.  Lesson of the story, don't f*** with those jackass fans, as those f***ers are scary. O.O  lol

3. vmartinezwilson profile image85
    vmartinezwilsonposted 3 years ago

I'm going to say any Terry Prattchet book should be made into a movie to join The Hogfather, The Colour of Magic and Going Postal.

Also, Dead Snow, because Nazi zombies are awesome!