jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Oscar Snubs of 2013

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

Another year is upon us, and my personal christmas holiday has arrived in oscar season.  As some of you experienced hubbers that  have been here for a while know, I usually put up an oscar forum around this time to ask other hubbers who they feel was snubbed for an oscar this year.  For those that are fairly new to hubpages, i'll give you the bare gist of it.

I usually write about movies a lot on this site, and every year around this time I ask other hubbers for help with my oscar hubs.  It's very easy.  all you have to do is tell me what film/actor/actress/etc you think was snubbed out of an oscar nomination and/or oscar victory for whatever category along with a valid reason.   Please, only serious suggestions.  If you say something like, "I think Battleship deserves the Oscar for best picture!", then I'm just going to assume you're kidding, and not bother to mention it at all, when I publish my "Oscar Results of 2013." 

Therefore, please try to be serious, when you suggest something.   You might be asking, "what's in it for me to help you?"  That's a good question.  If you help me with this hub by listing your suggestion for Oscar snubs, then I will not only list that snub in my "Oscar Results of 2013", but I'll mention your screen name as well; along with a link to your profile, so you can have a bit of free promotion.

I'll be taking snub suggestions all the way until the end of february 25, 2013.  Once the 25th of february is over, I will not be taking anymore suggestions.  You can still post in this forum if you like, but I won't take any of your suggestions after that date.   Anyways, I just want to say thanks in advance to you all for helping me out with this, and i hope you all will read both my oscar predictions and oscar result hubs coming soon. smile

2. Stevennix2001 profile image84

3. innersmiff profile image86
    innersmiffposted 3 years ago

I've been very behind on new movie watching in 2012. I only have one addition: if you're going to have up to 10 nominees for best picture, why not find room for The Master?

I was glad to see Joaquin Phoenix nominated though.

4. 0
    Sharal-Barbozaposted 3 years ago

Hi, Barfi  is one of the films that come to my mind when I think of the films that could have won the Oscar.  It is an Indian film, a tender romance story of a hearing and speech impaired boy and his life journey. The performances in the movie by the lead actors, Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra were exemplary. The story itself was remarkable. I believe the reason it was listed out of the nominations at Oscar was that it had a lot of scenes that were almost replica of some of the great classics. That could have been considered as duplication. I loved the movie and I think it at least deserved a nomination at the Oscars.

5. Stevennix2001 profile image84

Thanks for the suggestion guys.  smile

6. Stevennix2001 profile image84

okay i know im going to put this into my snubs anyway, but ill list it for the sake of coming up with a reason to bump up a thread.  lol

I think "Arrietty" should've gotten nominated for "Best Animated Feature" over "Brave."  There, I said it.  lol