Who is the most overrated actor, actress or musician?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (22 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 11 years ago

Who is the most overrated actor, actress or musician?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Easy.. Tom Cruise

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A lot of people cannot stand him. What did you think about Rain Man? Just a great movie and that makes the difference or was with Hoffman? You and many people dont like him but he gets in some good movies?

He usually produces the movies he is in. He seems to have the same character in almost every film and to quote what Dorothy Parker said he "runs the gamut of emotions from A to B"

2. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

Closely followed by 3 totally useless and despicable actors, that I just can't separate....

OJ Simpson, Mike Tyson and Richard Nixon  sad

And none of them paid their Actor's Equity fees!!  lol

2. tigerbaby777 profile image79
      tigerbaby777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

1. Tom Cruise
      2. Brad Pitt
      3. George Clooney

In my humble opinion.

2. donotfear profile image85
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

THE FOLLOWING:

Brad Pitt'
    Angelina Jolie
    Tom Cruise
    Those Kardashian people whoever the heck they are.

1. donotfear profile image85
      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just gotta say, that Angelina .....well, what is so great about her?  Lots of other actresses are prettier and better actresses.  Just look at some of those soap stars.  She near anorexic and is just frail looking.

3. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Ben Affleck
    Jennifer Aniston
    Taylor Swift

1. profile image0
      TheFrankoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I must disagree with your opinion about Taylor Swift. She does a good job as a country singer and she's been working hard to get that far. The awards, sales records etc. say it all. smile Of course one day she will be overrated, but so far, this is the best moment of her career, the moment of victories, huge earnings and also the fame.

Anyway, in my opinion, the most overrated musician is Lady Gaga. smile

1. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sure, she gets lots of awards, makes lots of money, and has a gazillion fans.  Overrated.  She's just not worth the fuss, if you ask me.  Her voice is mediocre.  Her songwriting is pretty good, but she's writing the same song over and over again.  She's not that great - she's just that popular.

1. profile image0
          TheFrankoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, there is something with the songs. They all sound similar but still are hits all over the world. I respect your opinion, thanks for it. smile

1. profile image0

I respect yours too.  smile

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Would you consider adding Halle Barry, Bieber and Sandra Bullock to those three?

1. profile image0

I might...although I have an affection for Sandra Bullock since seeing her in Crash.

4. OutWest profile image57
    OutWestposted 11 years ago

The Tragically Hip (for us in Canada)
    Keanu Reaves. He is such an over actor he makes me laugh

5. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

MUMFORD AND SONS without a doubt!!!!

6. Bryan W Cole profile image60
    Bryan W Coleposted 11 years ago

Ashton Kutcher, that guy is just a tool.

7. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

+1 to Tom Cruise. Totally an overrated @$$.

8. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago

I think most of them are overrated and overpaid.  It's ridiculous what celebrities are paid and the attention that is given to them.

All except Kevin Spacey smile

9. josephbarrett profile image58
    josephbarrettposted 11 years ago

In Actors = Tom Cruise and Russel Crow
    In Actresses = Angelina Julie and Penelop Cruise
    In Musicians = A.R Rehman

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)