jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

What is your favourite movie and why?

1. Louise Lately profile image88
    Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago

Is it 'Forest Gump', 'Sliding Doors', 'The Shining' or something completely different?

1. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Louise!  A 70's film, "Harold and Maude", has got to be my all-time favorite.  I suppose that is obvious since I've seen it over 20 times. wink  H&M has been called a black comedy about a young man who falls in love with an elderly woman.
      They meet numerous times at funerals since they attend them for random people they don't know.  There's definitely an obsession with death-but Louise-it is one of the funniest movies ever made!
      It's quite odd, but that's what I like. smile

Louise Latelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi lorlie6! I will have to try and see that film:) I'm always looking for new things to discover - thanks for the tip!

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

"The Shawshank Redemption."

I'm a huge sucker for endings that either fake you out or change everything (this one did both!), the story is a blissful slow burn, and the characters are both deep and relatable. The soundtrack and direction are top-tier, as well.

Hi Zelkiiro - this is a great film and I can see that many people agree! many thanks for sharing:)

3. 59
    insanebrainposted 3 years ago

yes shawshank is truly the greatest story ever told in my opinion!
    as good as it gets , one flew over the cuckoos nest..stir crazy ..dirty rotten scoundrels are also personal favourite movies to pick me up when things get a bit too much smile

4. A Karpinski profile image94
    A Karpinskiposted 3 years ago

I, too, always drift back to Shawshank when asked this question (although there are many movies on my list of favorites). I will never forget it, and how much it fascinated me and continues to intrigue me. The characters are fantastically written and acted out, and the plot is rich with realism coupled with smartly selected scenes of drama and awe.

5. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 3 years ago

So hard to answer, but I have to agree with Shawshank Redemption being one of the best.  I also love LOTR, Return of the King.  Casablanca. 

Why?  Great acting, story line, characters, music.  Return of the King is the grand conclusion of amazing cinematic achievement, so full of vivid, inspiring emotion.

Hi rebekahELLE! I have never seen Casablanca (although I have been to the city..) - I will have to try and see that one. I totally agree re LOTR!

6. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 3 years ago

I always come up with two for different reasons: The Shawshank Redemption and Seven.

The Shawshank Redemption was a great watch for me when I was 17 or 18. Well acted, great story, the twist really blew me away, but the most important thing is that, as cliché as it might sound, at the moment I saw it, I really needed that message of hope cause I was going through a very tough period emotionally. So on a very personal, emotional level, it worked.

Seven, on the other hand, blew me away with its completely opposite bleak mood. I think it was one of those films that got me interested on films on another level. It was bold, well acted, with yet another great twist. I loved it.

7. faraujo120 profile image60
    faraujo120posted 3 years ago

I have to say I can't pick just one. I have so many favorites.

8. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 3 years ago

I can't give a specific movie, but rather a movie genre - Musicals.  Why?  Because they combine great acting with music and singing,  Very creative!  I like how musicals bring a touch of Broadway into my living room via TV - seeing as how I may never be able to see a live Broadway show.....

9. LisaMarie724 profile image85
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Gone With The Wind, it's just a classic!