What is your favorite cover of a classic rock song?

1. afunda profile image82
    afundaposted 3 years ago

I love classic rock.
    My parents listened to it non-stop when I was a kid, so naturally, I grew up loving it as well.
    With the rise of internet and YouTube, I was able to delve more into the world of covers - basically, discover bands who make a living by touring around the world, covering the classics.
    Some of them are bad, some just good, but some get you hooked on a cover band more than the original one.

For me, the best cover I ever heard would have to be "Since I've Been Loving You". Originally by Led Zeppelin, this song has been covered numerous times, by more bands than we can imagine.
    But on one summer night in 2005 when I heard Gruhak play it live at a concert, I forgot all about Plant, Page and the crew and immersed myself into a world of music bliss.
    The guys more than rocked it - they brought it to a level where, for a while, it became impossible for me to listen to LZ without thinking it's a shy copy of the original.
    That's how good a cover it was.

So....which song/band did that to you? What is your favorite cover of a classic rock song and why?

2. Zelkiiro profile image83
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Blind Guardian's cover of "Surfin' USA" is easily one of the greatest cover songs of all time, let alone the best classic rock cover.