jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Who is your favorite singing voice?

1. 0
    apimentel33posted 3 years ago

Everyone likes various different kinds of music, but there may just be that one voice that you'll always be prone to gravitate toward, that voice that's just so enthralling and enjoyable for you to listen to. Who is that for you?

I personally love Eddie Vedder's voice, singer of Pearl Jam. His singing sounds very unique to me and I love revisiting their songs. (photo from fotos.lainformacion.com)

1. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily my favorite, but I was just listening to Boston on my way to work and Brad Delp sure had a helluva voice.

2. kathleenkat profile image89
    kathleenkatposted 3 years ago

Tarja Turunen

No explanation, I just love all of her work. Not a song with her in it that I don't love. As you say, she has that 'one voice.'

3. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 3 years ago

I can almost never choose just one.  My answers:

Don Williams

and Randy Owen of Alabama

Love every song I've heard from both.

4. kereeves3 profile image79
    kereeves3posted 3 years ago

I absolutely love the vocal stylings of Rufus Wainwright.  He can sing the phonebook, and I would still want to hear every note!  His cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" is practically flawless.

5. 0
    rmcmillenposted 3 years ago

I agree..... Rufus did do great covering "Hallelujah", but I also liked Jeff Buckley's version...... as for over all singing voice? The picture above says it all for me.... from Ten, all the way through No Code, on through Yield and onward........ Eddie Vedder has always been one of the best... if not THE best in my opinion.

6. german83 profile image81
    german83posted 3 years ago

My favourite singing voice is probably one of the best in the history of Rock:

Freddie Mercury. The front man of Queen. He was practically a lyric singer, performing in a rock band. Really talented...

7. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Ella Fitzgerald - love it all, but my preference is to hear her sing the Cole Porter songbook.

"This Time's the Dream's On Me" is an absolute fave!

8. Lorne Hemmerling profile image93
    Lorne Hemmerlingposted 3 years ago

Very tough question. But, I love my recording partner, Elizabeth Storm's voice. And so does everyone else apparently. We played on the weekend, everyone praised her voice, not a word about my guitar playing.....oh well.

9. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 3 years ago

Tough (but great) question!  Otis Redding has an AMAZING voice.  I feel every note of every word he sings.

10. The Public Image profile image93
    The Public Imageposted 3 years ago

In no particular order, some of my favorite voices* in modern rock and pop music include:

Siouxsie Sioux
    PJ Harvey
    Eddie Vedder
    Sarah MacLachlan
    Freddie Mercury
    Shirley Manson
    Jim Morrison
    Thom Yorke
    Fiona Apple

* Please bear in mind that this is not necessarily an endorsement of said singers' bands, lyrics, albums, or work in general. It is merely meant to be a positive reflection on the actual quality of their vocal sound and singing style.

11. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

Art Garfunkel
    Don Henley (the Eagles)
    Bono with U2
    Mark Lowry (Gospel)
    Jeremy Riddle
    Chris Tomlin
    Peter Furler
    Steve Perry
    Sarah McLachlan
    Bette Midler

12. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

My tastes are highly eclectic to say the least. My favorite singing voices are as follows:
    Tina Turner
    Vanessa Williams
    Dame Shirley Bassey
    Liza Minnelli
    the late Carmen McCrae
    the late Sarah Vaughn
    the late Diana Washington
    Chaka Khan
    Brooke Benton
    the late Frank Sinatra
    Johnny Mathis
    Peggy Lee