jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Jessica Simpson is NOW FAT!

1. 0
    Writer Riderposted 7 years ago

May I ask what you look like?

2. kimback08 profile image61
    kimback08posted 7 years ago

are you kidding me?  that is the type of attitude that has led this country to become body and image obsessed.  she is a beautiful woman, and who is anyone to judge her and put her in the box of one weight category or another?  be happy with yourself, your body, and who you are.

1. WHoArtNow profile image84
      WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Couldn't have put it better myself....

...so I won't! smile

3. THE LIP profile image61
    THE LIPposted 7 years ago

Every coin has two sides so it all depends on which side you want to observe.If a fashion conscious Page 3 Red Carpet Celebrity does not have a problem with the way she looks and the mirror does not scare her or the weighing scales don't make her breakinto cold sweat then so be it.Just let her be. If she can live with the way she looks who and why should anyone else complain...Not that she has the time or the inclination to be reading what somebody who does not exist in her orbit feels about her new look.
    But on the other hand if she is a public celebrity who earns her bread butter and jam from $$$$$ that her fans spend on her then she does owe them an explanation by mantaining a decorum of what is expected from her.So if you and ur kind don't like Jessica Simpson they way she looks presently then go ahead and hit her where it hurts the most..Below the (financial)belt.Each fan that she loses will be a bitter pill for her to swallow coz she will be losing her bread and butter while landing in a messy jam!!!

1. 58
      Ally10posted 7 years ago in reply to this

4. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Um, yeah saw the photos.  The one is not her (the one with her stomach sticking out)--obviously photoshopped (I am a graphic designer).

That being said--she has put on a little more than just a 'few' extra pounds by normal weight standards.  Way enough for a naturally small--boned woman.  Though I'm not someone who believes overweight people should be made to feel bad and who also believes there are just people out there who seem to be made to be heavier (Oprah comes to mind), I still don't think that kind of weight gain is healthy for the girl in question.  I'm about her size and I know how I'd feel.

Think there has to be a middle ground between endorsing anorexia and endorsing being overweight, doesn't there?

5. 397268 profile image66
    397268posted 7 years ago

I just saw the photos and she in no way looks fat. Fat should mean being above a healthy body weight. I'd say she could put on another stone and still not be considered over weight.

6. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

LOL...  OK.  Sorry, she's fine-boned and has put on about 20-25 lbs.  Obesity is at 30 lbs.  We are used to seeing overweight people, therefore she's 'not fat.'

Obviously, she's not morbidly obese--and I do not support anorexia in any way as being attractive--but I do think we need to start calling a spade a spade.  All the self-acceptance stuff, blah blah, though great for our self esteem, doesn't change the fact that we are overweight in America.