jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Roger Ebert Dead

1. vmartinezwilson profile image84
    vmartinezwilsonposted 3 years ago

As a film theorist all I can say is...

Damn... sad

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

I just heard about it a few minutes ago after visiting Twitter for the first time in a...months.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Very bummed to hear about this. I rarely agreed with Ebert's reviews but they were always so well written (and humorous) that even if he was trashing a movie that I loved, I could never be mad at the guy.

I've read several of his books over the past couple of years, I particularly enjoyed his autobiography (which I believe is called "Life Itself"), which describes his battle with cancer in vivid detail... and even with a couple of near-death experiences under his belt and having been robbed of the ability to speak by his disease, he was still very positive and full of love for film and for the written word throughout the book. It was a very humbling read and made me admire the man even more than I already did.

He'll be missed. R.I.P. Mr. Ebert.

4. TreasuresByBrenda profile image70
    TreasuresByBrendaposted 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure that Roger Ebert was my introduction ah, a few years ago, to movie reviews.  He's at least partly responsible for people thinking critically about the movies. He will be missed.

5. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

Wow....hard to believe that one of the many film critics that I try emulate is gone....i hope his family is taking it well. May he rest in peace

6. Amber Vyn profile image61
    Amber Vynposted 3 years ago

I think he struck and ideal balance between depth and irreverence. He will be missed.

1. Amber Vyn profile image61
      Amber Vynposted 3 years ago in reply to this

whoops! 'an' not 'and' (sorry)