jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Super Bowl Ads

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

Every year I look forward to the Super Bowl as much for the ads as for the football. The Super Bowl is when big spending advertisers debut their most creative new campaigns.
    Which ads did you enjoy most this year?
    My favorites were:
    1. Doritos -- guy with the "crystal ball" that predicts "free Doritos at work today."
    2. Coke -- fantasy/animation with the guy sleeping and ladybugs, grasshoppers and other bugs abscond with the bottle and it floats down the river. Very pretty.
    3. Coke Zero -- update of the old Rosie Greer ad where the little boy offers the limping football player his coke zero.
    4. MacGruber -- taken from Saturday Night Live skit. Featuring Richard Dean Anderson -- the real MacGyver. This is one of many new Pepsi ads that I like a lot.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

I didn't see many of them, but did like the Coke one-- especially the ending where the butterflies scatter when he reaches for the bottle.

3. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I only caught a few--did see the new Budweiser ads featuring horses that immigrated from Ireland to the U.S. and one having a romantic affair with a fluffy white filly.  Quite clever off takes from previous campaigns!

4. Mighty Mom profile image91

Oh right. The Budweiser Clydesdales ads have been great. I loved the one with him "dating" the white dancing horse. There were two GE ecoimagination ads that were good, too.
    I want to check them all out on zulu.com

5. ilovehubbing profile image61
    ilovehubbingposted 7 years ago

The Budweiser Clydesdales ads - Everyone at our apartment loved these too.

6. Mighty Mom profile image91

There is a field of Clydesdales on our drive to my brother's house. I always love looking at them, and there is usually a car or two stopped there to snap photos, show the kids the horsies. I wonder if those horses want to grow up to be in Budweiser commercials:-)!

7. 49er profile image81
    49erposted 7 years ago

I didn't watch them all either, but I saw the free Doritos one and it was really funny. I thought the one where the guy suggests cutting back on Bud Light and work and is promptly thrown out the window was pretty amusing as well.

8. Mighty Mom profile image91

Thanks and welcome to HP. Keep posting. Keep writing new hubs!

9. killatia profile image59
    killatiaposted 7 years ago

The only ads i wanted to see on the superbowl was the 3d ones. After that i turned it off.