jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Old vs. New: Evil Dead

1. Stevennix2001 profile image81
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

Now that the new "Evil Dead" film is out.  Which one do you think is better?  The original 1981 version?  Or the 2013 version?

2. 0
    rmcmillenposted 3 years ago

I have not yet seen the latest version, but I am sure its pretty much going to be a tie from what I have seen. ALTHOUGH, exchanges like "I'll swallow your soul! I'll swallow your soul!".... "Swallow this" (right before he blows the head clean off)? Well, they will forever have a soft spot in my heart.... which is disturbing and says something about me if you really think about it.... I may need counseling ;-)

3. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

Out of respect for Mr. Bruce Campbell, the greatest American actor of our generation, I have declined to see the new film thus far.  I'll probably see it eventually, though.

4. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 3 years ago

I don't hold either as the better of the other.

For me, these are still two separate movies that exist within the same 'Evil Dead Universe'. The 2013 movie is more of a update/sidequel than a sequel/remake.

Opinions will differ but there will be so many differing opinions on this movie its worth a good discussion!!!!