jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Could Denzel Washington pull off a comedy?

1. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

In my opinion, Denzel Washington is one of the greatest actors of our time and can own any role, a lot like Jack Nicolson and Kevin Spacey, a couple of my other favorites. From the desperate father in John Q, to the crooked cop in Training Day, to the alcoholic pilot in flight, he adapts. But to my knowledge he's never done a comedy.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One of Denzel's earliest starring roles was in a comedy -- "Carbon Copy." He played the illegitimate son of a white businessman (George Segal). I haven't seen it in years 'n' years but from what little I remember, it was quite funny, but also stirred up a bit of controversy due to its racial overtones.

2. Alphadogg16 profile image89
    Alphadogg16posted 3 years ago

Oh wow.....Ive never even heard of that....Im going to have to look it up and check it.

3. damian0000 profile image74
    damian0000posted 3 years ago

Hi Alphadogg... Denzel is a pretty amazing actor, I agree.
    Especially in Training Day --- brilliant performance!
    It's a good question you ask, I think he could do it for sure but it would be a bit of a risk.
    I remember when Robert De Niro started doing comedy, I really thought "Oh No!" ... but it turns out he is brilliant at that too! I think Denzel would be the same...