jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Oblivion any good?

1. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago

I don't like Tom Cruise much, but his movies are usually good!  lol
    Wondering if anyone's seen Oblivion yet, and how was it?

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
      Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

He's a scientologist Brenda, maybe even a liberal too. Are you sure you want to see it? wink

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Like I said, I can separate the man from the movie.
        I've always admired Cruise's movies and his acting skill.  Doesn't mean I respect his personal beliefs.  I'm the first to speak against Scientology and etc.     But I like good entertainment.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Ehh, I heard it's pretty good. Brad Jones really seemed to like it.

It's been pretty tricky to see any movie recently, however, considering I no longer have a car. The last movies I've seen in the theater were Life of Pi and Les Miserables.

1. 0

I dunno who Brad Jones is, but thanks for the reply.
      Sorry to hear you lack transportation;  I hate it when that happens.   Haven't seen either of those movies you mentioned.   I usually like to wait until the movie comes out on video anyway;  it's just that every once in a while I like going to the theater.   But I hate going to a bad movie!  ha.   At least at home I'm only out the price of a rental instead of tickets, popcorn, and drinks too.

3. Verily Prime profile image80
    Verily Primeposted 3 years ago

Oblivion  is a good movie... lots of surprises and Morgan Freeman does his normal bang up job.

1. 0

Cool.  Yes, Morgan Freeman is a really good actor.    Thanks Verily Prime.   I'm thinking this movie might make a good girls' evening out with a friend of mine.   smile