What the heck happened to Paula Deen?

1. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Longtime Food Network star Paula Deen is in trouble for supposed racist remarks (she is said to have admitted to using the "N" word). She is being sued by a former employee for race and sex discrimination.
    The Food Network is not renewing her contract at the end of this month.
    Even Matt Lauer of The Today Show is PO'd at Paula for being a no-show this morning (Matt's under his own pressure to keep his job -- but that's a story for another day).

I will admit, I have only listened to snippets on the radio and seen snippets of Paula's "forgive me" YouTube video

Does anyone know what she really did?
    Where does the lawsuit stand?

Do you support Paula Deen? Do you think she is a racist?
    Should she have been fired from Food Network??

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

Technically she wasn't fired, her show just wasn't renewed.

The law suit and what is stated is not pretty. All about the "slave" party she wanted and how her husband referred to the plaintiff as his "Jew girl". .I know part of it talks about her great grandfather who committed suicide because his slaves were freed.

I have never watched her show. The last I heard she was being attacked for being diagnosed as a diabetic but still pushing her unhealthy recipes smile I think the Food Network had had enough of her scandals.

What bugs me are the people jumping to defend her who assume that everyone has used the N word and other racial insults and she should be given a pass.

But, it all comes down to a private company deciding who is going to represent them.