jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

If you could be any singer, who would you be and why?

1. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 3 years ago

What singer would you most like to sound like if you could be any singer of your choice and why?

1. 0
      Deb Welchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sara Brightman - who changed my whole mind with the liking of operatic music.  She is so awesome.  I sound like her baby kitten.

2. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ronnie James Dio. Great voice and could sing anything. He was still going strong vocally into his 60's before cancer took him from us.

2. fpherj48 profile image81
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Without a second thought or single doubt, "Adele."   In my entire life of music-appreciation, listening, enjoying and having occasional "favorites,"  I have never been so enthralled by another female voice.  The very first time, I heard Adele....not even knowing who she was....I was completely taken in, nearly hypnotized, by this Voice of an Angel, I was hearing.  Her songs are all beautiful......and the very type of music I love.....She is also a gorgeous woman, portrays herself with grace and class, and seems down to earth when she gives an interview.
    I could literally listen to Adele for hours and hours and never tire of hearing her sing.  IMO, her voice literally defies description......never heard one like hers and probably never will.  She's like a phenomenon!
    I guess you can tell I like Adele!

3. Faith Reaper profile image86
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

Wow, there are so many great singers over the span of my life from all genre of music, it is a difficult choice to just pick one.  Not sure that I can actually, but after reading fpherj48's answer, as Adele, yes, if I could sing like Adele, wow, that would be amazing!  Well, if I could sing, that would be amazing in and of itself!  : )   I have been practicing your techniques you teach, and I sang "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to my granddaughters the other weekend, and they were actually mesmerized and I was surprised!

1. fpherj48 profile image81
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Faith.....I'll bet you have a lovely voice....your grand daughters were "mesmerized"......? hmmmm, is that anything like my grandchildren being "mortified," when I sing?  Huh?   No?  Oh, nuts!

4. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

Ella Fitzgerald.  I have never heard anyone sing who made what they were doing sound so effortless and so natural.  It's as though the woman was born singing, and to continue ever day of her life.  The smoky, natural tone of her voice is something I would die to reproduce.

5. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 3 years ago

I would rather develop my own unique style and be known for that.

6. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

This is a tough one, cause she was a drug addict and then she died... so I don't want to be her at this point... However, I think the greatest vocal talent that has ever lived was Whitney Houston. This is probably my favorite song she ever sang.

This song's pure magic.

7. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Isn't it obvious?

8. elayne001 profile image47
    elayne001posted 3 years ago

Taylor Swift - because she sings what she feels and although her voice is not the greatest, she touches many people with her words and she is still somewhat humble about her success.

9. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

If I could have any singer in the world it would be Gavin Degraw, he's an incredible talent and I adore him. Did you say have...?

This is one of my all time favorite songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VenEkmNT … UKSG6QX4GZ

This one rocks too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOSUDwV5 … UKSG6QX4GZ

10. Zsuzsi profile image83
    Zsuzsiposted 3 years ago

I agree with Beth37. smile  I'd love to be able to sing as Whitney Houston... who wouldn't, right?

11. tillsontitan profile image90
    tillsontitanposted 3 years ago

I love Zelkiiro's answer....Grandma!  Wouldn't it be nice if my granchildren felt that way?  I'm not answering the question here am I? Of course after reading Effer's comments about her grandchildren being mortified I'm not so sure...for me my children were mortified, my grandchildren more tolerant wink
    There are so many female singers I admire and appreciate...if I could be any singer I would like to be me, but I'd like to have the talent of Cher, Barbara Streisand, Celine Dion, Dolly Parton and a few others all rolled up into me smile

1. fpherj48 profile image81
      fpherj48posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tillie....LOL......Trust me.....if my sons even THINK, I'm about to sing.....they just scatter.