jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Die Hard: 25 years later

1. IslandBites profile image85
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

So this year is Die Hard 25th anniversary. What is your favorite scene or line from the movie?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8201203_f248.jpg
                  20TH CENTURY FOX

1. Thief12 profile image90
      Thief12posted 3 years ago in reply to this

My favorite action film, and easily on my Top 10 of all time.

My favorite scenes would be two simple ones. First, Hans interrogating Takagi. From the moment he picks him out from the crowd, to the elevator conversation, finishing at the table. The whole sequence is full of perfect acting by Alan Rickman (Hans) and lots of great lines.

My second favorite scene is earlier in the film, and it's a simple one. But I love the way McTiernan shot the arrival of the terrorists at the building. The way the car and the truck approach, and we see the truck going to the underground parking as the car heads to the lobby entrance. Like I said, it's a simple scene, but it begins to instill that sense of dread. Then the whole Karl/Theo in the lobby "Boom! 2 points!", and finally the way they all walk out of the truck with Hans in the middle of the posse. Great scene.

I will shut up now :-D

IslandBitesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Both great scenes. Alan Rickman was great.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Has it really been 25 years? Damn. I'm getting old. I saw the original "Die Hard" in a theatre... twice!!

IslandBitesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That was the same reaction I had!

working