jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How do you feel about the flash getting his own tv show on cw?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

As some comic book fans know, it's been recently announced by the cw that they're developing a flash tv series.  the character is set to have a few cameos in their current superhero show called "arrow", and if all goes well, then you can expect to see flash get his own tv series on the cw.

Im personally against this idea because if he gets a tv show, then it'll pretty much mean we can kiss all possibility of him getting a solo film any time soon goodbye; especially considering that the most popular show on cw isn't anywhere near the top 40 when it comes to tv shows these days; hence it could cause wb to never want to make a flash movie based on the ratings.

however, i could be wrong, as maybe im being paranoid, but i just have a feeling that giving the flash a show on cw will kill off any and all possibility of a movie. 

however, what do you guys think?  You think it's a good idea?  Bad idea?  Or you simply don't give a damn?  Please discuss.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

haha, I love how much thought you put into this. I love super hero shows. Im watching Lab Rats with my kids right now. lol
      I would love to watch Flash, I hope it ends up on Netflix, or I probably wont see it.
      However, take heart... you know if it does well, it's headed to the big screen... if they can make big bucks off of anything, they will.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

The Flash had a TV series in the early 90s but it was short lived. Maybe he'll do better this time out.

3. Vlorsutes profile image92
    Vlorsutesposted 3 years ago

It would need to depend on how faithful they were to the source material for it to work if you ask me. If they tried to stick at least somewhat to the comics, taking liberties more when needed and not so much "just because", and didn't try to change the character drastically, then I'd be for a new version of the series. I felt, for the most part, the 90's version was really well done for a syndicated program.