jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

1. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Did the right candidates win?  Who were your favorites?

Very happy Kate Winslet won best actress--she's so classy and one of my favorite actresses.  She looked great, too--very old Hollywood with black gown and 40's hair.

Surprised the Sean Penn won for "Milk," but great!  Hope it sent a message to those who voted against Prop 8.

1. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I didn't watch Milk, I thought B-Buttons was going to take home everything, I am disappointed. And I voted for prop 8. Wait, I can't remember voting yes meant no, or no meant yes. anyways, I said I don't care if they get married, so go ahead.

2. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 7 years ago

I haven;t seen the results. Will wait for Constant to get his tight ass (or so he says) here to post the results. I was rooting for Meryl Streep! Darn! Maybe next year, she always gets nominated anyways cool

3. kimback08 profile image61
    kimback08posted 7 years ago

yay kate!
    i knew it would either be sean or mickey
    slumdog was a given, although i thought b.b. might be the dark horse
    penelope was a surprise. 
    and i think that visual effects should have gone to the dark knight
    hugh jackman was fab!

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I thought BB should have won for best picture.  But then again, I haven't seen Slumdog, so...

Hugh Jackman is fab!

4. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

i have seen the slumdog and its excellent movie....i feel so sorry for the country like india where they claim for top 5 in economy and have the slums like this.....anyway .....they got their luck...

5. TravelMonkey profile image59
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

Slumdog thoroughly deserved the honour.

6. Teresa McGurk profile image82
    Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago

I don't go to the movies much anymore, but actually did go see Vicki Cristina Barcelona, and loved it -- the Penelope Cruz character is a real tour de force, and so Cruz getting best supporting actor for that seemed appropriate, as she was hilarious and sad and brilliant.

7. Josh Frusciante profile image61
    Josh Fruscianteposted 7 years ago

Sean Penn should not have won for Milk, clearly a political move... no surprise... the show is put on by liberals.... oops did I say that ?