What's up with Miley Cyrus?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 10 years ago

What is the deal with the nudity and tongue piercing and strange non-outfits??? I guess just attention to sell her music??? Just very odd behavior?? What do you think? Bad example for other young girls?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

With a daughter that used to love to watch Hannah Montana, I can say Miley is at this point, for sure, someone I wouldn't want my daughter to emulate. At the same time, my heart really goes out to her. I imagine her world is a bit dark right now and I wish for her something much better and healthier in her future.

moneyfairyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I do to Beth. It's sad to see these once innocent/good child stars go thru a self destructive phase like Lindsay Lohan.. etc...they have all the money and power to do good in the world and they choose drugs and partying and self-destructive behaviors. I wonder what thier rock bottom will be to stop?

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is all about selling music and not about being an example for other young girls.

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

Well my only guess is she's probably trying to break out of that innocent, cute and sweet girl next door who happens to be a pop star image, that disney created for her over the years, because she probably doesn't want to be typecast as that kind of person.  i could be wrong, but this is just my honest opinion.

Sadly though, the way she's doing it is completely the wrong way.  If she really wanted to break out of that image to be looked at more of a legitimate triple  threat entertainer, then she should've probably tried to emulate someone like say will smith for example.

He too had to shake off a typecast image he made on a successful comedy sitcom called "Fresh Prince of Bel Air", where he was portrayed for years as the mischievous kid from the streets forced to live with his rich relatives in beverly hills.  Someone who was always getting into trouble.  A kid that always acted tough, but he was a softie inside.

In fact, I think most people knew him from that show than they did his own rap music at the time when the show was at it's peak in popularity if im not mistaken.  However, as we can plainly see, will smith was able to shake that family friendly type cast role he had on that show, to becoming arguably one of the best actors of our generation.  Plus, he's one of the very few great triple threat entertainers out there that have ever been successful at tv, movies and music throughout their career.  very few entertainers can lay claim to that.  sure, some might be good one or maybe two of those things, but it's rare to see an actor get all three of them.

As for miley, i don't think she'll fall into the same financial problems as lindsey though because isn't her father like a famous musician?  I mean isn't billy ray cyrus her dad?  So yeah, i doubt he'll allow her to go broke, and to be honest, im not surprised she's turned out this way.

the problem with some child actors is that they gain success in their career way too early, and many don't know how to handle it; including their own parents which results in a lot of them never making it as adult actors.

sure, there's a rare few that make it like Jody Foster, but every jody foster, there's like over a million child actors that don't.  Sad, but it's the truth.

So true!!! Jody Foster kept her life private for the most part and wasn't an attention monger. Some of these young actors/actresses are so desperate for attention that they'll do most anything to get it.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

She's a twenty year old female.  When I was an undergrad that kind of behavior was not exactly uncommon.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This post made me chuckle..  swinging nude on a wrecking ball?

Jodi Foster was a very precocious, bright child.  Her upbringing was much different than most child stars.

rebekahELLE:  I know right???swinging nude???What's up with that??craziness.
        Thank goodness Jodi Foster was raised differently than some of these yuppie stars are these days...at least some had some normalcy and weren't forced into the public eye at a young age.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image53
          EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Excerpt that Foster has two sons from an unknown father and is now dating Ellen Degeneres' ex-girlfriend.

The father is unknown to everyone that is how private she is. She obviously knows who the father of her children are but will never make it public.  Also she's not hanging from a ball naked and wearing cones for boobs or any other such craziness...

4. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 10 years ago

I think that's its just a way to get attention. I mean, yea she is at hat stage in her life where she can be wild. Don't you think its an little extreme? Its not a normal state, its something to create negative attention. For what ever reason, she thinks its the right thing to do.

That's the problem with celebrities. There social status gives them all attention. The media a makes  them popular. So they do things to get shown. Whether it be rediculous or not. There are a ton of celebrities bat are going bat crazy and doing stupid things. People are swarming all over it. Why? Because media makes it seem OK. If I were to do these things, there would be a ton of people on my butt.

Being a celebrity they don't have standards as a person to follow. Everyone is going to give them attention no matter what they do. If it was a normal everyday person, it would be a totally different story. Simpky because they are held at different standards. They do drugs, steal, drink and drive and the works. Their money and roles, make them less as a person, and more of entertainment.

1. Silverspeeder profile image61
      Silverspeederposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The GAGA experiment has worked. And now for the clones.

sad but true sad

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

hence the world we live in.  look, i don't disagree with anything you just said.  However, we have to look at the facts here.  Most people aren't like us.  People with common sense to not to get too caught up in celebrities' personal lives and whatnot. 

Sadly, the reality is this kind of crap earns tv networks, and magazines, money because people love reading and watching crap like this about celebrities.  It's the single reason why you see all these damn gossip shows and gossip mags becoming so popular because the reality is most people love following scandalous crap like this about celebrities.  I sure as hell don't, but most people do.

Because lets face it.  If those same magazine companies and tv shows did a news release about say a celebrity's charity work for example, I'll bet you a million bucks that most people wouldn't care about that.  Sure you and me might care about it, but most people would rather know about whether or not Lindsey Lohan is back in jail again.

stevennix: You are sooo very right.... attenion mongers at the extreame....sooo sad....

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yet, those 'attention mongers' are laughing all the way to the bank.

Also all the way to rehab hospitals for losing their minds.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It was pretty normal stuff in my neck of the woods.  a.k.a. the bikinis and booze stage. Fortunately no one was filming us.

4. moneyfairy profile image60

cjarosz: You are right very sad but true sad
      psycheskinner: glad no one was filming you....sad that it's a norm in any neck of the woods...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)