jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Great new movie

1. moneyfairy profile image64
    moneyfairyposted 3 years ago

I just saw Philomena the other day and loved it. I always love true to life films. I love Judy Dench she is a marvelous actress. The story line is a bit morbid but interesting/heart wrenching ending. True emotions were portrayed. If you haven't seen it ,it's worth a look and if you have seen it let me know what you thought?

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Can't say I'm much of a fan of romance stories, at least not when they're the central focus. Probably the only "romance" story I really enjoy is CLANNAD ~After Story~, but...

...Well, let's just say, my condition about romance being the chief focus isn't always true in the series. And it doesn't end well. Very not well.

Not to mention it's not a movie, it's a TV series. The second season of a TV series.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Zelkllro: Philomena is not a love story nor is it a t.v.series. It is a true life tragedy about a young mother in Ireland in the 50's that had her child taken from her and sold to another family in America by Nuns ...it was all covered up and no one was punished for the travesty except the young mother who was shunned and kept quiet for 50 yr.'s till it all came out. This woman is still alive and it's just a sad human interest story that wasn't bought to light till recently through a book that was written on all these strange happenings .

1. chrisnstar profile image79
        chrisnstarposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The Brits are not the only ones who have perpetuated evil for centuries in Ireland. The Catholic church has a huge responsibility too.

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
        Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hrmm...could've sworn the OP mentioned something about romances. Huh.

Well, a human interest story is quite a different matter altogether. I love that stuff.

moneyfairyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I never mentioned romance. Don't know where you got that from? Glad to hear you too like human interest stuff.

working