jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most underrated and overrated anime?

1. LofZOdyssey profile image60
    LofZOdysseyposted 2 years ago

We are all humans; no one has the same exact likes and dislikes.  While for the most part when an anime is bad or good, there is usually a general consensus.  But every now and then we find ourselves on the outside looking in. 

I’m sure we have all had that one anime were you don’t agree with everyone else.  For some reason you love a show that most hate or a series you despise gets unreal praise. 
    So what are some anime were others don’t see eye to eye with you?

1. LofZOdyssey profile image60
      LofZOdysseyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I will go ahead and be the first to step into the line of fire.

Gantz, I see this show appear on many top ten lists and on average it gets some pretty high score.  I just don’t get it.

I absolutely hate this show.  The characters are boring, the story is dull, it looks awful, it take way to long for anything to happen, characters are all talk and any action they take is just the worst thing they could have possibly done, you have no reason to care for what is going on, and it simply isn’t worth your time.

2. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

Overrated: Most everything released by Shounen Jump. Notable (Read: awesome) exceptions include YuYu Hakusho and Hajime no Ippo.

Underrated: Fantastic Children. The fact that next to no one knows about this series is freaking criminal.

3. SomeEldarGuy profile image73
    SomeEldarGuyposted 2 years ago

Well, for most overrated I find it hard not to say Sword Art Online. Although that's mainly because its a close to first anime for a lot of people, and therefore they have nothing to relate it to, this inevitably leads to the 'it's the best thing ever' speeches which I do disagree with (not that SAO is bad, on the contrary, its got a great setting, just poorly used). Other contenders are One Piece and Naruto... For the most underrated? Can't say, I probably haven't watched it yet because its so underrated!

1. Zelkiiro profile image85
      Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you're looking for a true underground classic, try Girlchan in Paradise! :'D