jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

This may not interest anyone else, but...

1. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

You literally have no idea how happy this album makes me. I spent my teenage years waiting with bated breath for each new Makoto Shinkai movie, and Tenmon's music is one of the reasons why. I am literally weeping with joy right now.

For discussion's sake: What albums or songs make you insanely happy?

1. Silverspeeder profile image60
      Silverspeederposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't know why but this is what I was waiting for to be released, I played the groves out of it (vinyl) and even bought a replacement when it got scratched. I still like to hear it now and again but it invokes so much nostalgia I need a chill pill.

I remember my father shouting at me to turn the rubbish down, 20years later we found it in his record collection after he had passed away (it wasn't my copy), maybe I had played it that much that he grew to love it............

2. NornsMercy profile image83
      NornsMercyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for reminding me of the amazing Makoto and Tenmon! Any album by Joe Hisaishi gives me feelings I can't even put into words. Here's one of my favorites from the Spirited Away album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiJKQjxFxnw

I think I'm gonna watch 5 Centimeters Per Second now...

2. 0
    Beth37posted 2 years ago

So many.

I remember the Grease album, which I am still singing the wrong words to over 30 years later.

Lionel Richie's, 1982 album.

Billy Joel's, The Stranger.

Sam Phillips, The Turning.

Cindy Morgan, Under the Waterfall.

I collect Christmas music and both of Amy Grant's Christmas albums are my favorites as well as Mariah Carrey's.

Rich Mullins, Never Picture Perfect (and everything he did).

One of the greatest albums of all time:
    Keith Green No Compromise. (Also my favorite book.)

Gavin DeGraw's (all of his albums), but especially Free.