Movie Ratings - Leonardo DiCaprio, Martin Scorsese Defense

1. Easy Exercise profile image88
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

Just saw the movie The Wolf of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, directed by Scorsese and in their defense they stated: “We wanted to take the audience on that journey, and so we don’t ever see the wake of that destruction until the very end, where they implode. It was a very conscious decision on our part, so the experience would be almost like taking a drug.”

The movie was just that - "an experience" - they achieved that most certainly. What I must question is IF this movie is THE new standard we have chosen to rate "R".

It is important to note, that the ending I felt left the viewer RUNNING to Google to find the difference between truth and fiction and see the real ending of the story. The movie was boldly true.

The sad item for the movie and its view (not to mention the movie's many victims) is  the movie didn't provide the full ending of this remarkable story. The movie left a victim of the daughter of one of the movie's lead star's partners - the daughter of Jordan Belfort's partner or business associate, the real life financier that the movie centers around - she stated that she drove her father to prison.

The fallout was essentially forgotten as the movie celebrated the highs of the greed and avariciousness and excessive adultery showcased with excessive nudity.

Why this movie was made in this manner remains a mystery and is in my opinion a sad statement. I encourage views to SHOUT with dismay at the celebration of this debauchery that harms our financial markets, our communities and our families.