What ever happened to Whitney the t.v. show?

1. moneyfairy profile image62
    moneyfairyposted 2 years ago

I thought Whitney was funny as anything but it didn't seem to last long....It was dry/crazy humor but funny none the less . Did any of you watch it or like it?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I remember that show. I only saw a few episodes, but it was funny. She'll probably go back to being a comedian.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/0 … 72112.html

2. JMWillis profile image60
    JMWillisposted 2 years ago

To be honest I hated that show, but I continued to watch it thinking it would get better and it never did. It was bad.

They tried to make the show too much like friends and it didn't work because Whitney was the star and her boring boyfriend/husband had to deal with her shrill, whiny craziness.  She was the Lucy to his white Ricky. The rest of the cast was just filler; they really didn't get a chance to develop their own storylines, they were just there to play Whitney's friends and it didn't work. I Love Lucy worked because they only had 4 central characters to worry about.  There were too many useless characters in Whitney to fill that half hour show. It was a jumbled mess.

Remember when they made her Indian friend gay, and then got rid of his character altogether? Then they brought in the token black friend who really didn't seem to fit in and they didn't really explain how he became friends with them; he just willingly hung out with these socially inept white people. It was like he was only cast so the all white cast could say "Hey look, we're different than Friends because we have a black guy." 

I think she should stick to writing. Two Broke Girls is a much better show than Whitney.