Is Jim Carrey a hypocrite?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

I just saw anchorman 2 in theaters about a few weeks ago and i saw something that really pissed me off.  Jim Carrey was in it.  But it wasn't so much that he had a cameo in it, but he was in a scene that depicted a lot of violence in it.  Now, I have no problem with violence whatsoever, as I grew up watching a lot of violent movies as a kid, so that wasn't even an issue.  Hell, i honestly found it funny that Carrey's character gauged a man's eye out in anchorman 2. i really did.  However, you want to know what really got to me?

He said earlier last year that he wasn't going to promote Kick Ass 2 ( a film he was in as well) because he didn't want to support violence after some tragedy at a school where a bunch of kids were murdered.  Fair enough.  I can respect that, but he still got PAID for doing the movie. If you ask me, he should've donated a 100 percent of that big fat pay check to a charity to prevents violence or some crap if he was serious.  I mean i can understand how he suddenly didn't want to promote the movie out of general principle, yet he has no problem taking the money for doing said movie that promotes violence?  makes no sense.

Then he's shown in a later film like anchorman 2 in a violent scene no less where he's shown gauging a man's eyes out.  Yea, kind of hypocritical if you ask me.  what are your thoughts on this?  you think he's a big fat hypocrite like i do?  or do you think i'm full of it?  please discuss

2. ahorseback profile image54
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

Jim Carrey is about a halfa bubble off from being normal , the man can be crazy funny but let's face it , he ain't quite right .