jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

RIP Jim Lange

1. Mighty Mom profile image88
    Mighty Momposted 3 years ago

Decades before there was The Bachelor there was Bachelor #1, Bachelor #2 and Bachelor #3.
    Who remembers The Dating Game?
    When the winning couples were sent on a trip with a "chaperone" (or so  they advertised on the show lol
    So sad to lose host Jim Lange at 81.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-530fdcb8/turbine/la-et-st-jim-langes-five-best-celebrity-dating-001/600

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

RIP Jim Lange, I watched THE DATING GAME as a tween and teenager.  It was such a good and hip show.  I loved it.  The guest were cool and sophisticated and I particularly loved the questions.  Jim Lange was quite THE HOST.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8779715_f248.jpg

2. Mighty Mom profile image88

Amen!
    The questions were crazy!

3. e-five profile image95
    e-fiveposted 3 years ago

The ultimate TV show of the late 60s and early 70s mentality, along with "Love, American Style" and "Laugh In."  I really liked the Herb Alpert music themes, and every time I hear a Herb Alpert song from the 60s, The Dating Game is the first thing I think of.

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I remember these times as if they were yesterday.  Miniskirts, white patent leather boots, Martha and the Vandellas and THE DATING GAME.    One of the questions to paraphrase, What would you consider the WILDEST date?  The audience howled knowingly.  Yes, the late 1960s were one of THE BEST times in America.

4. Mighty Mom profile image88

Herb Alpert -- I can hear that song in my head right now!
    So catchy!!

Yes, indeed. I do wonder if later generations have such fond memories of the TV shows that were popular during their formative years. It bothers me that campy "innuendo" has been replaced by all-out, in-your-face, no-holds-barred uber sexuality (lewdness) these days.
    Laugh In, Love American Style. Total Classics.
    How about The Newlywed Game?
    And Hollywood Squares -- now there were some clever double entendrists lol

working