jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What the hell is Kanye West doing on American Idol

1. Josh Frusciante profile image61
    Josh Fruscianteposted 8 years ago

Why is this guy on American Idol performing? He is not a singer... he is performing a song with computer effects with the vocals.. He is not even singing half of the time and when he is attempting to it sounds very pitchy.. Is this the official downfall of American Idol... It seems like a joke... this jackass would never make it based it on his vocals alone... he sounds like absolute garbage.. Why not have an actual singer on the show instead of some moron with sunglasses on and a towel in his back pocket?

Next we should just have a choir of people.. how about keeping things relative.. It is a singing competition, so bring in actual singers, not rappers.I understand some people like this clown, but he has no business being on a singing show.. Keep this guy on MTV.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Why? Because he can their are all genres of music and in order to appreciate artists you have to be well rounded, so since you have been watching American Idol, you certainly should know that they chose multi genres to perform. I personally do not care for Kanye however I am certain that their are many idol fans who do.smile

2. Josh Frusciante profile image61
    Josh Fruscianteposted 8 years ago

Yes well put, however would it not make more sense to showcase a vocal rather than a song with computer effects and back up singers... It is not like they would have Daft Punk come up and do a number. Kanye is a well known artist, but hardly a singer.

1. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 8 years ago in reply to this

This I will not disagree on, however maybe what they are trying to present is that talent can come in all forms , not necessarily just vocals. Personally I am growing old of American Idol and the only part our family really enjoys  now is the try-outs as they are absolutely hilarious!!
      It is to the point when so many of us know the good from the bad, and they bad ones bless their hearts for trying. smile

3. bill komissaroff profile image86
    bill komissaroffposted 8 years ago

Kanye is the downfall of American Idol????

One Word: Sanjaya.

4. profile image61
    KoalaDummyposted 8 years ago

Did he lyp sync

5. Lena M. profile image60
    Lena M.posted 8 years ago

Kanye provides entertainment, and he attracts viewers, which is pretty much what Idol is all about.

working