jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (18 posts)

Is Disney going through another renaissance?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image81
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

After the success of "Tangled", "Princess and the Frog", "Frozen" and "Wreck it Ralph", people are starting to speculate if we could be seeing the beginnings of another animated Disney renaissance dominate the animated movie industry again.  I still think it's too soon to tell, but if that does turn out to be the case, I think you can make an argument that this alleged new renaissance could be GREATER than the first one because in all honesty, Disney had relatively zero to little competition during it's first renaissance when you think about it.

Sure, there was the occasional Don Bluth film like "American Tale", "Land Before Time", "All Dogs go to Heaven" and "Secret of Nimh" that came along to disrupt Disney's dominance, but let's face it.  Don Bluth produced more crap than he ever did great movies, as he hasn't really made any other great films outside of the ones I just mentioned.  Take in mind, "Titan A.E" got mixed reactions as well, and I personally thought that film was good.  However, majority of movie audiences didn't take to it the same way they did with "American Tale" and others when he was at his best.

Therefore, Disney was kind of a victim of it's own dominance during it's first renaissance that it's easy to see how they inevitably started to fall apart during the 90's because they didn't really have anyone pushing them.  Nobody to really challenge them to step up their game.  In this generation, Disney would not only have to worry about Dreamworks, but they'd have to worry about other studios too that have risen up like Sony, Fox, Ilumminati and etc just to name a few. that have become very heavy hitters in the animated feature market.  In fact, even Warner Bros. might be even getting in on this racket with the recent success of their lego movie.

Hell,  Disney even has to compete with someone in their own backyard like Pixar for pete's sakes that raised the bar to begin with, so if Disney is to have another renaissance where they dominate the animated film industry again, then I have to say it'll be way more impressive than the first time because the first time, they didn't have any real competitors.  In this era, they have a lot of competition, so it'll be interesting to watch. 

what do you all think?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Everything is awesome! Everything is cool when your part of a team.
      Everything is awesome, when we're living our dream!

Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Aw man i loved that movie. I can't wait to write my review on that one.  lol

1. profile image0

Spaceship!

Darkness!  No Parents!  Continue Darkness!  The opposite of white!  Black hole!  Super rich!  Kind of makes it better!

1. profile image0

First try!

Um...does anyone have some kryptonite I can borrow?

1. profile image0

Emmet, you didn't let me finish. Because I died.

BELIEVE!  i know that sounds like a cat poster!  tongue

working