jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Jem and the Holograms are coming to the big screen

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

According to AMC Movie talk, the classic 80's cartoon, "Jem and the Holograms", is coming to the big screen.  It's said to be directed by Jon M. Chu.  Some of you may be familiar with his previous work on such films as "Justin Bieber:  Never Say Never" and "G.I. Joe:  Retaliation."  Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?

1. 0
      Lybrahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

No way.  But maybe I'd see it. I used to watch the cartoon back in the 80's.  It would be interesting to see how they do it.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Has Hollywood already forgotten that disastrous attempt at bringing "Josie & The Pussycats" to live action??

"JEM" was a terrible cartoon so it'll probably be a terrible movie!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

lol you're probably right.  But then again, this is the same director that did say he was going to try to make a reboot of "He-Man" a few years ago, and that's still in development hell at the moment.   I know he said recently that part of the reason he can't do the he-man reboot now is because he'll be busy with the next sequel to "G.I. Joe", yet he has time to do "Gem and the Holograms?":  I mean freaking seriously?  Oh man.  Talk about lack of priorities.  You'd think that he'd be more interested in doing "He-Man" first before doing something like "Gem and the Holograms", but whatever.  I just hope it gets cancelled before he gets a chance to shoot it.  If not, then...oh boy...

3. 0
    hlwarposted 2 years ago

I grew up watching Jem and as a kid I really loved it. Yes, today it's a little silly and overly '80s, but back then it was bright and musical. I was a big fan of Misfit Roxy!

Hearing about the live-action made me laugh. I was interested at first out of nostalgia, but let's face it: it's going to suck!

And after seeing the teeny-bopper cast, I have a feeling this will only be accepted by pre-teen girls in Glee club. Most likely it will be one of those films that fails and fades from existence quickly (like the American remake of the Korean film "Oldboy").