jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Fox is making a Flash Gordon movie

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

According to AMC movie news, Fox just acquired the rights to Flash Gordon, and they're looking to make a movie out of it.  What are your thoughts?  do you think making another flash gordon movie would be a good idea?  Why or why not?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Good luck. Like the Lone Ranger (and we all know how well that movie turned out), no one under 40 knows, or cares, who Flash Gordon is.

...and even if they do know who he is, they likely are only familiar with that godawful 1980 film whose only saving grace was the soundtrack by Queen. ("Flash! AHHHHH-AHHHHHHHH!")

1. AnastasiaMcGowan profile image60
      AnastasiaMcGowanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I saw that movie and my mom and I sing that song all the time. I think the movie can be really good if they take the time to come up with a great story and have a really good cast but if this is just a cash grab then it will be awful.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was a great soundtrack but the movie.. yech. Haha. I still don't know what they were trying to accomplish with the '80 "FG." If they were seriously trying to capture the look of a vintage comic strip/movie serial, they failed. If, on the other hand, they were trying to make a PARODY of a vintage comic strip/movie serial...mmm, nah,  they also failed. haha

1. AnastasiaMcGowan profile image60
          AnastasiaMcGowanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Haha exactly the only good thing that came from the movie was the soundtrack.

working