What are your thoughts on the impending purchase of Twitch by Google?

1. Aj Sethuraman profile image61
    Aj Sethuramanposted 2 years ago

To me, Youtube's purchase by Google really hasn't done much for the site. I honestly like it less, I think the design is going in the wrong way and, ironically, the Youtube search feature isn't even that great.

It's flooded with ads everywhere and has been turned into a money-making machine. I'm not saying that Youtube has gone down the tubes or anything, I'm just not a fan of how obviously monetized the site has become.

I'm obviously not sure on anything, but I think that if Twitch were to be purchased by Google it would lose some of what makes it fun to use. I really hope, that if Google does purchase Twitch, I don't see twice the ads with no additional features. Twitch works fine as it is and it a lot of fun when you want to connect with people playing the same games you are/you want to try. I have no problem with Google buying it, Google is smart and hopefully knows what they're doing if they want Twitch, I just hope that they don't change it too much- and if they do I hope it's not a change for the worse.