jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Why is there endless inundation of television shows such as the Duggars ' 19 and Counting, the Bates' United Bates of America, the Gosselin's Jon& Kate +8 and the latest show Megafamilies on the National Georgraphic channel. Why is there endless fascination of the public with these megafamilies? Every thinking person knows that children in such families cannot and do not receive adequate enough attention.  Also, many of these parents elect to have a reality tv show for the purprose of legally raising cash in order to be able to fully support their ever growing brood?  When is ENOUGH, truly ENOUGH?

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image77
    Nouveau Skepticposted 2 years ago

I feel the same way about football.  But different people are interested in different things.

3. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago

In all sincerity, I'd rather watch the Duggars than the Kardashians, or Bam Margera.  I mean, heaven forbid they make reality shows about families that aren't JUST doing it to air their dirty laundry and soak up adoration for ... contributing absolutely nothing to society. And why is it okay for actors and actresses to participate in a tv show to make their living, but not someone else?  I mean, at least they're not doing what everyone bitches about with other large families - living off the system.  Damned if they do and damned if they don't I guess.

4. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

It's because TV is still somehow a thing, and the people who still cling to it are the same lichen-lickers who watch such tripe.

5. stclairjack profile image79
    stclairjackposted 2 years ago

perhaps our biggest sin is that we are watching TV with the expectation that it reflects REAL LIFE,.... in all seriousness there is honestly no such blasted thing as "reality tv"..... theres not one damn show on tv thats REAL... thats why its TV,... Ozie & Hariet weren't real,... the Kardashians aren't real,.... Bam Margera isn't real,.....

if you want reality you TURN OFF THE TV and look around,... um kay?

jus sayin