Wedding First Dance Songs that Aren't Overplayed

1. talfonso profile image88
    talfonsoposted 2 years ago

Some of you or someone you know who is soon to be married is looking for a wedding first dance song. But some of them might be looking for more than "At Last" or "Unforgettable." (I have nothing against the two overplayed songs because I respect the wedded's requests for either one if he or she wants that at the wedding.) 

If I were to be married, I'd do my first dance to the same song my parents did for theirs: Atlantic Starr's "Always." Other choices include Glenn Medeiros's extended version of "Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You" and his "Long and Lasting Love." (I gotta love the oboe solo and the orchestral aura!)

For romantic movie songs, I'm going towards "Now and Forever" by Barry Manilow and Sheena Easton (It's a romantic song from a poorly reviewed movie, The Pebble and the Penguin.) Another song from a poorly reviewed movie (Thumbelina, which got a Razzie for a bad song) - "Let Me Be Your Wings." It's sung by Manilow and Debra Byrd.

What other songs would be suitable for a first dance that isn't played that often? Share your experiences!