jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (26 posts)

Movies We Love

1. Doris Dancy profile image61
    Doris Dancyposted 2 years ago

What is your favorite movie of all times and why?

1. Sed-me profile image81
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Gone with the wind. It's dramatic, funny, romantic, historical, powerful... it's got it all.

Doris Dancyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love that movie too.  You're right.  It has it all.

2. JMcFarland profile image91
      JMcFarlandposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I really adore Inception and Now You See Me.  They're not what you'd expect, they make you think (to this day, every time I watch Inception, I find something new that I never noticed before) and they really make you view the world a little bit differently.  I like psychological movies a lot more than just pure horror/slasher/bloody pulp movies, so anything that catches me off-guard and makes me really think about it catches my attention.

Don't you just love reading something or watching a movie and seeing something new every time.  I always ask myself, "How did I miss that?"

3. Sed-me profile image81

What's your favorite Doris?

Sed-me, you will probably laugh, but I am such a romantic and I LOVE romantic comedies.  My absolute favorite is Pretty Woman.  I can't tell you how many times I've watched that film, and just writing about it now makes me want to see it again.  I love any movie with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock or Drew Barrymore,  On the serious side I love Jane Austen and Sense and Sensibility.  …and then I have to mention Forrest Gump and The Sound of Music…but the list goes on and on.

1. Sed-me profile image81

I forgot Jane Austin movies. What was I thinking? Do you like James Mcavoy? Im a big fan... though Im sure you're all about Colin Firth. (sigh) wink

YES!!  YES!! YES!!! I am ALL about Colin Firth.  How can you not be?  LOL

1. profile image0
              Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yet another I forgot to add!! The King's Speech!

4. profile image0

To Kill a Mockingbird is my all time favorite.

A list of those I love and will watch over and over:

Arsenic and Old Lace
      The Green Mile
      Sweet Home Alabama
      The Princess Bride
      Armageddon
      Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
      Shaun of the Dead
      Legally Blonde
      Clueless
      Big
      Forrest Gump
      Good Will Hunting
      Constantine
      The Bourne Supremacy
      Walking Tall
      The Rundown
      Dave
      Becket
      A Man For All Seasons
      The Sound of Music
      Book of Eli
      Crimson Tide

Motown2Chitown, You have some of my favorites in your list.  I will never forget Forrest Gump or Big.

5. savvydating profile image81
      savvydatingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Shine, starring Geoffrey Rush (1996) as pianist David Helfgott. The film moved me deeply. It's a story of a man who became unable to do his life's work, having suffered a nervous breakdown... which affected his adult life for many years. Finally, he received the love and compassion he needed to resume his passion. The film received an Academy award for Best Actor in 1997.

I have not seen this one, and it sounds great.  I'll have to check it out.  Thanks for sharing.

2. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

The Shawshank Redemption. Damn near everything about that film is perfect and engrossing and memorable. I don't even care that it's a slow burner and it's over two hours long--I get so wrapped up in the characters and the story every time, and it always manages to hit home with its key scenes. Absolutely brilliant film.

If anyone's curious, I keep a Top 10 list on my profile page, so I can gush about something else you might not have seen~

1. JMcFarland profile image91
      JMcFarlandposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I adore Shawshank as well.   I can watch it on loop and not get sick of it

1. profile image0

Oh gosh!  I forgot to add A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Man!

Motown2Chitown

Ahhh…A Beautiful Mind is a powerful film.  It's hard to believe that someone could write something so mesmerizing and captivating.  BUT…The King's Speech did not work for me.

1. profile image0

I have a soft spot for Geoffrey Rush and Colin Firth both, and thought they both did justice to their roles in The King's Speech.

smile

2. Sed-me profile image81

Both awesome movies as well as The King's Speech. Did you like Far and Away and Apollo 13?

Sed-me, I haven't seen Far and Away, but yes, I loved Apollo 13.  With all of the writing that I do, I am quite behind in my movies.  I'm writing the sequel to my first novel and about to send it to my publisher so I'm not getting to watch movies right now.  When I finish this, I will get myself back on target because I LOVE movies.

2. profile image0

I hang my head in shame to say that I haven't seen Apollo 13.  I actually saw Far and Away in the theatre the year before I graduated from high school.  smile LOVED it.

@Motown2Chitown"…hang my head in shame…"  You guys are hilarious.  Thanks for the laughter.

2. Sed-me profile image81

Ron Howard is an amazing director.

2. Doris Dancy profile image61

Zalkliro, I will visit your page because I'm always looking for a GREAT movie.  Good is ok, but I look for GREAT and it sounds like you know what you're talking about on this subject.

working