jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

WHY DO ACTORS and ACTRESSES GET MARRIED?

1. WordWielder profile image59
    WordWielderposted 7 years ago

The answer to this subject has eluded me for far too long.  It's time to get it out to the HUBlic for their insight.  But let me say it like this:  As a proponent of marriage, the idea of actors and actresses getting married seems a ridiculous notion.  I mean, their careers are seeped in promiscuity and adulterous tendencies.  Imagine, Daddy the actor, is at home with his wifey, the actress and their 2 children: Johnny and Susy and sitting down to watch a movie that mommy the actress happens to star in.  This is the perfect, "nuclear" family, right?

Well, little Johnny and Susy have to watch as mommy gets it "on" with another dude who is not Daddy.   Well, to play a romantic scene, know matter how much "acting" goes into the scene, a part such as that can't be played correctly without some amount of passion or emotion.   Once this bridge is crossed, there is an emotional connection of a passionate nature with that other actor.

This can only mean that mommy and daddy will have an awkwardness between them unless both just "let it slide" but I don't think they can.  This is why so many of them end in divorce.  Not only the number of divorces among actors/actresses has brought me to this conclusion that they shouldn't marry, but the shortened duration these said marriages last.  Most divorces occur after a certain amount of years, but in the case of Actors and Actresses, it's usually a couple of years'- max.   Well, I guess it comes down to this... everyone is lonely even actors and actresses.  But in their shoes, why get married when you can have someone different every night if need be?    Enlighten me, please.

2. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

Wwell its for publicity, So the tabloids can bring out headlines like these.
    Heartbroken Nicole will she ever love again
    Angelina to join Monastery
    Tom and Brad are they straight???? Yeah right
    Jen still is haunted by Brads treachery er was he trewacherous, well doesn't matter, it makes the headlines, and that is why they do it.
    If you were to read "pretty Woman star Julia Roberts  marries Joe bloggs, you would flick the page without reading it but make it
    "Pretty woman star Julia Roberts marries Brad Pitt.
    Get it lol.

3. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

Wwell its for publicity, So the tabloids can bring out headlines like these.
    Heartbroken Nicole will she ever love again
    Angelina to join Monastery
    Tom and Brad are they straight???? Yeah right
    Jen still is haunted by Brads treachery er was he trewacherous, well doesn't matter, it makes the headlines, and that is why they do it.
    If you were to read "pretty Woman star Julia Roberts  marries Joe bloggs, you would flick the page without reading it but make it
    "Pretty woman star Julia Roberts marries Brad Pitt.
    Get it lol.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You know, there is a difference between real life and what we see in the movies. Actors are acting when they are with someone else on screen. The best actors are able to separate their work from their real emotions. Yes, occasionally they become involved with those they are acting with but that can happen in any business.

These days I don't think that actors and actresses are in any more danger of their marriages breaking up than other working people. I think the high rate of divorce in Hollywood also has to do with the fact that if both are working actors they will spend a lot of time apart.

1. 0
      C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Very good response UW

5. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

If you think that's bad then what would you do if your partner was an adult film star. Having intercourse with a professional, talk about awkward.

6. WordWielder profile image59
    WordWielderposted 7 years ago

Thanks everyone... great responses!

working