jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Should Stephen Hawking play a James Bond villain?

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 22 months ago

According to Clevver movies, it's been reported that famous physicist, Stephen Hawking, wants to play a James Bond villain.  He claims the fact that he's in a wheelchair, has a robot voice, and he's a genius would make him the perfect choice to be a Bond villain someday.  What are your thoughts on this? 

Would you want Stephen Hawking to play a villain in a 007 film?  Or do you think that would be in bad taste? 

Anyway, here's a link to the video if you guys want to check it out for yourselves.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 22 months ago

It would be kind of creepy to hear Stephen Hawking spouting Goldfinger-esque bad-guy dialog like "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" in that computerized voice, that's for sure.

Apparently Christoph Waltz already has the villain role locked up for the upcoming Bond movie "Spectre" which is due next year, so maybe Stephen just wants to get his bid in early for the villain role in the next one.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
      Stevennix2001posted 22 months ago in reply to this

Oh I know about Waltz being a lock for the next film, as I think he's perfect. I mean he played a great villain in "Inglourious Basterds", so I can't wait to see what he does in "Spectre."  As for Hawking, I think your right that he's probably just lobbying for the next Bond film after that.  Whether or not the movie studio will want him is another story.  I personally think it would be kind of creepy for all the reasons you stated, BUT that's also why I think he'd be perfect for a Bond villain.

Although I'm usually not a fan of movies that show disabled people in a bad light, but if Stephen Hawking wants to do it, then I say let him do it.  Besides, he's already been through so much in his life, while giving so much to science in general, that he deserves to pursue whatever interests he wants.  You can do it Hawking!  Besides, the man is a freaking genius, so I can definitely see him as the deranged mad scientist  type.

3. bBerean profile image61
    bBereanposted 22 months ago

Hawking would be a great Bond villain.  If he is interested in doing it, I say they should go for it and be creative in developing a role that does him justice.

4. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 22 months ago

I read that Stephen Hawking has a wicked sense of humor. As he requested to be a villain, I think that would be terrific. Disabled people should be able to play parts like anyone else.
    http://blogs.discovery.com/inscider/201 … jokes.html

1. Shinkicker profile image91
      Shinkickerposted 22 months ago in reply to this

He could have a disabled white cat as well.