jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Horror Movies

1. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago

I love horror movies, whether they are, crime, supernatural, thriller, or slasher..

Please recommend a movie you thought was scary, in case I've missed one

1. Jeremy Gill profile image90
      Jeremy Gillposted 19 months ago in reply to this

A British movie called "The Descent" that features a group of young ladies who get lost in a cavern. It's very thrilling, scary, and the characters are well-done, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. There's also a decent sequel, but the original is the best. Highly recommended!

2. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago

I saw one recently called "The Possession"  made in 2012
    If you've seen it, I liked the special effects when they did the MRI

3. 0
    Crisantonioposted 22 months ago

I love horror movies too! In particular, suspense thrillers or those involving serial killers. Gory ones like Hostel and the Hills Have Eyes just gross me out a bit. But not scary as in 'how-do-I-sleep-now!' scary. My favorite horror films are Asian ones like 'Sigaw' (with a Hollywood remake called 'Echo'), The Wishing Stairs, and Shutter. I like Hollywood ones too though, such as the Sci-Fi Horror 'Event Horizon', and the remake of the Korean movie 'A Tale of Two Sisters' called 'Uninvited' starring Emily Browning (I love her!). As for classics...I like Children of the Corn hehe. And The Omen, of course.

1. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Thank you, I haven't watched Echo or The Wishing Stairs, so I'll have to watch those

4. Thief12 profile image90
    Thief12posted 21 months ago

My favorites...

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
    The Exorcist (1973)
    Night of the Living Dead (1968)

...and just because, a more recent one...

The Descent (2005)

5. Jaason profile image84
    Jaasonposted 21 months ago

If you're looking for recent horror films i recommend The babadook(2014), Oculus (2014), sinister (2012) , V/H/S (2013)

6. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 months ago

The only movie that ever truly scared me was Aliens.

I can't think of a horror movie that was that scary. I did find a few that were a bit to violent for my tastes. One was called "Hellbent" It was actually a gay slasher flick, where a serial killer was cutting the heads off from men and walking off with them in trick or treat bags. the killings just didn't make sense. But, the thing that was different about it, was that there was no, i wonder what is behind this door BS.

The worst movie I ever saw for being too stupid was Halloween ressurection. There are all these people in this old house, and people are being thrown through walls, and generally getting the shit kick out of them in the house, and nobody else in the house hears what is going on. PLEASE! I liked in a similar house, and even if you tried to tip toe across the floor, my mom would yell "Nock it off up there! You are going to wake up your dad! He's trying to take a nap!"

Then, to make it even more lame, this guy and girl are in a basement, and dozens of dead bodies fall out of a wall. Does the girl run? NO! she says, gee I wonder what is down this scary looking hallway. Stab!! If I saw dead bodies falling out of a wall, my feet would look like the road runner, and I would be gone!

Who makes these lame movies! That's why movies like Scary Movie are so dam funny.