jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What Walton Character Do You Closely Resemble?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 22 months ago

That wonderful American family that lived during the Great Depression visited our living rooms during the 70s and 80s during Prime Time Television and now by way of syndication showed us how people with totally different personalities can live together and although they face difficult situations—the love they share transcends it all.
    What character of that series do you resemble and why?
    •    John—hardworking and pragmatic
    •    Olivia—beautiful, devoted and emotional
    •    Grandma—stern and straight-laced
    •    Grandpa—fun looking and mischievous
    •    One of the Walton children (each one unique)
    •    One of the neighbors (Ike, Yancy, Baldwin Sisters, Mrs. Brimmer)

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
      Jacqueline4390posted 22 months ago in reply to this

I have a kinship with Olivia although my spouse was nothing like John. I was devoted to my family and tried to understand the needs and uniqueness of each person. It was very difficult at times but I did whatever it took to keep things going.

2. easylearningweb profile image89
      easylearningwebposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Maybe a bit of Mary Ellen and her youngest sister, but as far as interests and abilities, I always admired the drive of "John Boy", and I always remember him because he had a love of writing. He kept it a secret and hid his writing tablets under his mattress. I can't remember in later seasons what happened but something tells me that his character went on to be a successful author!

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
      Jacqueline4390posted 22 months ago in reply to this

A very simple Synopsis of the Walton Children
      •    John Boy—very serious about his writing and had high ambitions of success
      •    Jason—Musically talented and determined equally as John Boy
      •    Mary Ellen—very head strong, impetuous, self-assured, and out-spoken
      •    Ben—Natural born salesman with the eyes on the girls
      •    James Robert (Jim Bob)—the mechanical genius and aviator
      •    Erin—the “pretty one” that mostly stood in the background watching
      •    Elizabeth—the “baby” of the family and of course spoiled

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 22 months ago

I vaguely remember a scene where they had a backyard funeral for one of the kid's dead hamsters (or whatever). I identify with the hamster.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 22 months ago

I looked at the photo and did not feel that I resembled any. Then I saw the description underneath and I think that I sound close to John. I never watched the show so I can only go by what you show and say.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 22 months ago

I just happen  to be watching The Waltons on this rainy day. I think I am most like John Boy, the oldest son. He is a writer, and has gone off on his own to get away from his noisy family and be alone with his thoughts.