jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Is Interstellar A Good Movie?

1. PhoenixV profile image79
    PhoenixVposted 22 months ago

I haven't seen Interstellar, but now that it has been out for awhile I was wondering what people thought about it.

1. KayRennie profile image80
      KayRennieposted 22 months ago in reply to this

Well, the 'explanation' of the events in the story was incomprehensible - to me anyway. But then I don't have a PHD in quantum physics. The Tennessee? accents were hard to understand - I'm not from round there - and the visuals not that stunning. Having said all that, as a fiction writer I sympathize with the writer/producer's problems bringing it all together. It was not unenjoyable - but about an hour too long.  I got charged extra parking fees!

PhoenixVposted 22 months ago in reply to this

From other people that I have talked to that have seen it, they seem to describe it in the same way you do. I still haven't seen it but I am getting a 2001: A Space Odyssey feel about it. I was also holding out or hoping for "stunning visuals" as opposed to "visuals not that stunning". Hmm, might have to wait till it comes out on TV.

1. Robert Sacchi profile image87
          Robert Sacchiposted 22 months ago in reply to this

I saw it in 3D so I assume the visuals lose much of their impact in 2D.  2001: A Space Odyssey is a good baseline movie.  If you like 2001 Interstellar is worth a movie ticket and the extract price for 3D.  If you don't like 2001 then you should probably pass on Interstellar.

1. KayRennie profile image80
            KayRennieposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It would have been great in 3D. I understood it was not shot in 3D. Didn't get that release in my region anyway.

2. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 22 months ago in reply to this

It was a good movie I thought!  I went with my son to watch it, and he really wanted me to go, as he had already been with his friends.  He then went later with my younger son, so perhaps that gives you any idea of how much some liked it!

Its a thought provoking movie for sure.  It IS a little long, that is true, but I knew that going in.  One of the neatest things it did, was to get you to think about other realms, and how time works.  Not everything is what meets the eye.  There were a few heart wrenching parts, that I couldn't share here, but that will really get you, even if you aren't normally the type that happens to I think.

They had no green screens I heard, and considering that, it was impressive for sure.  Hans Zimmer, one of our family's favorite composers, did an awesome job I think. Towards the end, it was so loud, that I couldn't hear what was being said though, it was almost garbled a little? 

Very incredible, thought provoking, but not for everyone.  My younger son said that some of his friends really liked it, but that others couldn't even get into it.  If you aren't someone that enjoys pondering deeper things like what one could imagine could be in a space movie about leaving our solar system and what goes with that, you might not like it.  I would highly recommend seeing it though!  Nothing quite like it.

2. easylearningweb profile image91
    easylearningwebposted 22 months ago

I just got back home from seeing the movie, Interstellar. Overall, out of 5 stars, I would give it about a 3.9.

There were excellent parts of the movie, awesome, nail-biting parts of the movie, but there were also lots of confusing parts of the movie. Since I always like to try to figure things out, parts of the movie were frustrating because they were not explained.

I have lots of questions and thoughts but I will have to save that for another thread or hub because it will be spoilers for those who have not seen the movie.

Would I recommend seeing this movie? Yes, I would. Overall it was very interesting, had good acting and kept my attention the whole time, even though it was a very lengthy 2 hours and 50 minutes!

PhoenixVposted 22 months ago in reply to this

After the last two posts, now I want to see it, I wish I could see it at/on IMAX while it's there. Thanks..

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image84
    Kathryn L Hillposted 22 months ago

It has a good overall message, Phoenix V and great effects. Totally worth seeing. Matthew McConaughey is great per usual.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/de … d-hinduism

4. KayRennie profile image80
    KayRennieposted 22 months ago

Well PhoenixV, hope you will let us know what you think.