jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Richard Linlater is contemplating a sequel to "boyhood."

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago

For those of you that saw the Oscar nominated film, "Boyhood", then you might be aware that the film was shot for 12 years, where the director literally filmed a kid from his toddler years all the way up to his adulthood.  Which basically means "boyhood" was about a kid growing up .  It was an interesting concept, and i actually think it's a great idea.  Seriously, I loved "boyhood", and i think making a sequel to it could work. Just call it "manhood", and then shoot it.  Although i certainly wouldn't have the patience to do it if i was linklater, but kudos to him if he does.

He did say it's not confirmed yet whether or not he'll do a sequel to it, but he did say he's thinking about it.

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I enjoyed the movie, but I did not think it was oscar worthy... except for the fact that the idea was so novel. I don't think the story itself was particularly amazing. Only the fact that it was shot over such a long period of time. I would watch the sequel, but you wonder if they would just try to put one out every decade of the actors life.

1. Stevennix2001 profile image82
        Stevennix2001posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah poor kid probably has a 100 year contract, so  the director could  theoretically even film his life going all the way to his senior years.  That would be kind of funny, but I doubt it would go that far.  Personally, I loved "boyhood" because it was about life itself, and how it's made up of random moments that either will or won't make sense sometimes.  And, it shows how the choices we make in life can dictate the lives we lead.  It's a powerful movie about life itself, so I'd have no problem with a sequel to it. 

However, I don't know if I'd be willing to spend another 12 years filming a sequel to it if i were in Richard Linklater's shoes.  But, that's just me.

1. Sed-me profile image83
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

NPR did a great interview with hawk and arquette.
          http://www.npr.org/2015/01/13/376746926 … d-patience

working