jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Song Heard On Radio Today

1. Billie Kelpin profile image91
    Billie Kelpinposted 23 months ago

Can anyone tell what song I might have heard on a pop radio station today?  It had something to do with different ways of coping with depression (I'm inferring that).  There is a part that says something like 'I close that chapter and I start writing a new chapter'.  There was a part that suggested a strategy - a concept like 'this is what I do to cope'.

For a minute I thought it might be the singer from the band Fun (Nate Ruess) who recorded "Carry On"
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c … 20by%20fun
    I only thought that because of the content of the lyrics. 

I googled what I could piece together of the lyrics, but didn't get anything.

Thanks smile smile smile

2. profile image59
    Acacia56posted 23 months ago

What a line..!
    Great lyrics.. i also like it..

Billie Kelpinposted 23 months ago in reply to this

I hope when we find out what the song was, that those lines aren't WAY off (tee hee)

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 23 months ago

What was the tempo of the song?  I'm curious now, so I'll be listening for you.  It sounds like someone singing about a breakup?  Some radio stations give a song list of what was recently played on their website.

I'm really bad at music.  It was like the new pop songs - that kind of style MAYBE like..."Carry On" by Fun or like Bruno Mars "You're Amazing" or like Adele.  I'm laughing at myself because I have such a problem with rhythm and singing.  It was actually the words that caught me.  Lyrics are my main enjoyment of music smile

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 23 months ago

"Starting a New Life" by Van Morrison - or - "A New Chapter" by Anthony Callea

Could one of those be the song you heard?

Phyllis, I found both of those songs on youtube and I'm pretty sure it's not either one, but I'm so glad to have found songs I never heard before !  And Anthony Callea, very handsome, I might add. Woo!  I tend to listen only to talk radio like NPR,  or my standby favorites Leonard Cohen, John Denver, Willie Nelson, so I heard this on a radio in some store I was in. That how I found Bruno Mars!  I was doing my laundry in a laudromat that was playing "Just the Way You Are".  It inspired me so much that I wrote an app called "The Perfect Husband App" - what to say to your wife today with the lyrics of that song on it. I don't have control of that app any more, but it's a free download (complete with all my grammar and spelling errors that I can't correct because the company I made that app with charges after 2000 downloads)   So if you download it, just know that I'm embarrassed about some of the failings of that app.  I'll keep listening for that song.  (I'll have to give up listening to NPR for a day or two smile

working