jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Movie Theme Music that stays with you years later …

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image86
    Jacqueline4390posted 21 months ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12456326.jpg
    One of the most memorable themes that I heard was the one from “JAWS.” Every time I hear those two introductory chords; it reminds me of something out there in the depths of the ocean that still exists and can truly devour you. Two more great ones are from the “Star Wars” and “Indiana Jones” franchises. “The Godfather” theme—well what can I say? Can you think of any others, I know there are numerous?

1. lions44 profile image96
      lions44posted 21 months ago in reply to this

The Pink Panther and Love Story come to mind. And of course Top Gun (really just the instrumental of Danger Zone.

Jacqueline4390posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Good choices!

2. Credence2 profile image82
      Credence2posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Dr. Zhivago and "An Officer and a Gentleman". Oh, don't forget the theme to the 'Superman' films were outstanding.

I did enjoy those themes!

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 21 months ago

The first one that came to mind was the theme from "Mahogony," one of my favorite movies starring Diana Ross. But the iconic theme that is the best example for me of what you're asking for opens with four chords: the theme from "Close Encounters of the Third Kind." Who could ever forget that tune in their head?

Also, very good choices!

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image86

I also think about that song from the movie "The Way We Were."

4. kristyleann profile image60
    kristyleannposted 21 months ago

I love the music from Requiem for a Dream, Saw, and 12 Monkeys.

5. Jacqueline4390 profile image86

The beautiful music from Titanic ...

6. shon1121 profile image80
    shon1121posted 19 months ago

I can never listen to music by Moby without thinking of the films his music has appeared in. In Atonement a hymn called "Dear Lord and Father of Mankind" is being sung at a panning scene as soldiers were leaving Dunkirk.  It was a superb piece of cinematography and the music was so emotive. 

Billy Elliot had a fantastic soundtrack, though I did not live through the time it was set- the music really gave you a sense of the times.  It was also quite angst ridden which sat up well against the back drop of the miners strike and Thatcherite Britain.

working