jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

1. spiderpam profile image59
    spiderpamposted 7 years ago

Hello I sing too, and act. My only advice is: work for free at first. I started by singing at my now sister in law's wedding. And through word of mouth I kept getting work. If this is your true passion it will your work out. God Bless

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would also suggest joining competitions and talent shows. Make friends with songwriters. how about bands looking for singers? as for your shyness...better work on that because that could ruin shows. hmm nobody wants a bad image. Hope that gives you some ideas and help smile good luck and let us know how it goes huh?

3. chrissie123 profile image77
    chrissie123posted 7 years ago

Work hard for what you want. You are braver than me i want to sing to. I just cant bring myself to do it. I was in acapella choir for a while but it is so much different when people are singing with you. I have tried out for solos but i choked. I want to sing for the talent show It is my last year,but i dont know if I can do it...

4. 0
    Louidam1posted 7 years ago

Was this spam because I notice the person who started this thread post is deleted?

5. scarytaff profile image77
    scarytaffposted 7 years ago

This is the way I started to sing in public. I'd spent  years trying to play guitar and singing along to it in my home, but I was petrified of making a fool of myself on a stage. Anyway, one night at my local club, the night where club members sang accompanied by the club piano player, a friend of mine got up and sang Frank Sinatra's 'My Way.' He and I always took the mickey out of each other and when he was returning to his seat, I shouted,'All the old drunks sing that song.' Someone shouted,'If you can do better, get up there.' Suddenly everyone in the room was slapping the tables and chanting, 'Get up, get up.' What could I do? I had to get up. So I sang 'Me and Bobby Mcgee.' The crowd loved it!! Since then, I am a regular on stage and I love it.

6. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I can't sing for toffee. Or peanuts. Or even a million bucks. Though I'd like to. I kind of sort of warble out of tune at best smile

7. Ronaldos profile image80
    Ronaldosposted 7 years ago

I Love singing, Not that i can tho. Here is some advice for you though. http://hubpages.com/hub/howtobecomeasingereasily