What are your thoughts on this situation? Amber Rose -Slut Shaming

1. realtalk247 profile image69
    realtalk247posted 17 months ago

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12664677_f520.jpg
    Amber Rose began this campaign a few years ago based on what an officer told a group of women.  The officers allegedly informed a group of female college students if they didn't want to get assaulted they should avoid dressing like "sluts."  This was reportedly the basis for Amber Rose's movement/campaign.

LAIST article reported Amber Rose revealed:
    "It's important for me because I deal with it every day. I deal with it via social media, people out on the street. I feel like women deal with that constantly on a daily basis, and I'm sick of it. I'm here for my girls."

What are your thoughts on this matter?  Are you on-board with supporting this movement?  Does the campaign have validity?  Will you support this organization and movement?  Does the fact that a former stripper created the movement effect your perception or desire to participate?  Do you feel this movement would encourage young ladies to dress in sexually provocative ways?  Would you encourage your daughters to present themselves in a manner that may not capture or reflect their character with the believe that judgement should not be cast considering it takes 30 seconds to make a first impression?
    Sexual assault is about inflicting violence. Do you feel this campaigns will positively impact society?

1. profile image60
      Pjmgoonposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I think this looks trashy and remorseful.  This is another media fiasco in attempts to draw in more money and viewership.  I doubt this is going to help much.  Nobody in the right mind would want to be seen in this.  I think this would just lower self-esteem.

working