jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)

Memorable Movie Quotes.

1. VationSays profile image86
    VationSaysposted 12 months ago

Okay, lets have some cinema fun: Why don't you put down here a memorable movie quote you love? Also include the movie name.
    Here's mine:

I want the truth!..You can't handle the truth! (A Few Good Men)

1. tsmog profile image86
      tsmogposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Oddball (Donald Sutherland) from Kelly's Heros saying "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

That is of course is followed with, "Crap!" said by his bud Moriarty (Darrin MacCleod)

2. Credence2 profile image84
      Credence2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

"Go Ahead, make my day"  quoted from Detective Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) in the film 'Dirty Harry' (1971)

3. Quilligrapher profile image89
      Quilligrapherposted 12 months ago in reply to this

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
      ~ Not the line spoken by Rhett Butler but the one exclaimed by Hillary Clinton when she heard ...
      "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is."
      smile
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 12 months ago

"Psychos? Is THAT what you think they were? Psychos do NOT explode when sunlight hits them. I don't give a @#$% HOW crazy they are!"
    - George Clooney, "From Dusk Til Dawn"

3. FatFreddysCat profile image95

"You should see this place. There's a sign over the urinals that says 'Don't eat the big white mint'." -- Sam Elliott in "Road House"

4. VationSays profile image86

"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders". (Man of Steel)

5. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 12 months ago

Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. You know what the fellow said – in Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace – and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly. The Third Man.

6. FatFreddysCat profile image95

"Sir, I think you've gone mad with power!"
    "Well, of course! Have you ever tried going mad WITHOUT power? It's boring! Nobody listens to you!" -- The Simpsons Movie

VationSaysposted 12 months ago in reply to this

hahaha! Simpsons always gets me big_smile

7. FatFreddysCat profile image95

"That is a whole lot of dead whores." -- "Everly" (2014, starring Salma Hayek)

8. VationSays profile image86

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."   --Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)

9. colorfulone profile image85
    colorfuloneposted 12 months ago

Help me out if you can, please.   I think it was a Mel Gibson movie and I can't remember the name of the movie.  I hope I don't get banned from HubPages Forums for not being able to provide accurate info.  But, I think of this quote from time to time...numerous times in a day.  I can official say that I have become dependent on others to bring the funnest dang movie quote I have ever heard to remembrance.  I hardly ever use the quote but have in good company. 

I enjoyed reading each post. 
    A fun thread idea, VationSays.

VationSaysposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Haha....nice line! Though I also don't know which movie it's from, I will most definitely be using it soon big_smile

10. VationSays profile image86

"The Bat is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy." -- Upcoming Batman vs Superman

11. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

"You always take a leak with a gun in your hand? That's a good way to blow your balls off!" - security guard to Tom Atkins in "Maniac Cop"

12. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

Scott Lang: "My days of breaking into places and stealing s*** are over! So what do you want me to do?"
    Hank Pym: "I want you to break into a place... and steal some s***."

-- "Ant-Man"

13. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 11 months ago

Said about Clint Eastwood ," Dirty Harry or Sudden Impact ",   "Oh Harry , he's not prejudiced  ,he hates them all "!

working