jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

Japanese Anime

1. RipVanWinkle profile image60
    RipVanWinkleposted 7 years ago

I am thinking about this a lot, there isn't a topic on the subject, but I do want to know what everyone's favorite anime too? I would like to know...

1. spiderpam profile image58
      spiderpamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I watch this show "Hell Girl" on IFC. Is that Japanese Anime?

2. Curious Traveller profile image83
    Curious Travellerposted 7 years ago

Hi, RipVanWinkle,

Probably in common with a lot of Hubbers, I have absolutely no idea what Japanese Anime is. Why not build a Hub about it and tell us all and then you could request answers from there?

3. RipVanWinkle profile image60
    RipVanWinkleposted 7 years ago

I am planning to, I think that would be great, then people will know what it is. Though I am also doing something on Japanese Mythology and Anime

4. calebd profile image60
    calebdposted 7 years ago

My favorites are Samurai Champloo, Wolf's Rain and Full Metal Alchemist. I'm generally a huge fan of Studio Ghibli's movies.

I'm no expert though. Just see stuff off and on. The themes explored in anime are often much more intriguing than Western cartoons.

5. ChrisSnil profile image59
    ChrisSnilposted 7 years ago

I am a -huge- fan of the Studio Ghibli collection - with my favourite being Spirited Away. as for anime, well there's very little of it on mainstream TV over here in the UK, but I've seen shows such as Wolf's Rain, Bleach and Full Metal Alchemist and rather liked them.

Whenever I'm over in the USA I make time to watch Adult Swim, I've come across most of the stuff I watch through that smile

6. fierycj profile image83
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Best Japanese animes to me are Ghost In A Shell, Naruto, Lupin, Rorurin Kenshin, and of course, Bleach.

7. Susan Ng profile image89
    Susan Ngposted 7 years ago

Definitely Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X)!  Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu! big_smile

8. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I used to have some Urotsukidōji, Dominion Tank Police and Crying Freeman Videos, they were great, but I've lost them somewhere along the way.

9. anime_nanet profile image61
    anime_nanetposted 7 years ago

All my hubs are devoted to Anime.

My favorite anime I have to say is Code Geass. It's quite recent, and oh, so great, story, animations and music wise. It's like seeing a shakespeare play!

1. michael1mars profile image59
      michael1marsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree Code Geass is the best I found this alternate fan made ending it's real nice http://otakuartist.wordpress.com/2008/1 … ve-ending/

10. tksensei profile image59
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

You gotta check out Dame Oyaji.

11. Stevennix2001 profile image82
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

hmmm...there's so many great animes out there.  its hard for me to pick.  however, i can list all the animes i love are dragon ball, dragon ball z, inuyasha, full metal alchemist, ghost in the shell, code geass, gundam wing, yu yu hakusho, bleach, naruto, and cowboy bebob.  those are my favorites so far.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image65
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi stevennix2001, I like naruto and dragonball z too..---GOKU

1. emievil profile image84
        emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same here. Add to this, Samurai X (like Susan Ng) and One Piece. smile