Why file for copyright infringement when business can profit from it?

1. IsaiasPablo90 profile image86
    IsaiasPablo90posted 6 months ago

I've seen many companies selling films, shows, and other products file lawsuits against users using Social Media sites such as Youtube. I never understood why the issue couldn't be resolved in such a way that benefits both parties. Businesses that gain cash from a consumer who had to pay a fine would not gain as much money than if they advertised their products through Social Media. For example, if someone wanted to upload my music - i would allow a certain number of songs but on the condition that he or she allows my products on his or her channel. Using hard copies of products doesn't really work in this day and age in my opinion seeing that people can easily burn it to a digital form then share it via the internet. Coming up with digital copies and controlling how much content/info. you make public might work better. What are your thoughts?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 6 months ago

My thoughts are that when people pirate my work it is because they don't want to pay for it and they want to share it with other people who also don't want to pay for it. I am sick of "data wants to be free" and "if you work was cheap enough we wouldn't steal it".  It's my work, I get to decide what  happens to it--and that right is the same from every little indie up to Disney and Penguin Random House.