Violence in horror movies.

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 months ago

There is obviously a lot of violence in horror movies. But, I am curious as to what violence would be unacceptable to you.

The older villains used to be imaginary. Vampires, dead serial killers, werewolves, and creatures. But, today's movies feature a more frightening villain. The living!; Scream, Saw, and so on.

I am writing a novel about a Evil guest house, that is somewhat sexually graphic. Mostly things like people being sexually abused or beaten. It is borderline Saw, with a little bit of Scream thrown in. There may be people who die, but most just suddenly vanish and can't be found. There is also a little mind manipulation, as the evil who occupy the house, really would rather toy with victims, and hope that they kill themselves out of fear, then if that doesn't work, they do the deed themselves.

As one of my spirits tells a victim. "Never piss off a ghost!" especially one that can change the color of his eyes at will. Flaming red means it wants to play with you. Black as coal means you have been selected to die. the question is, how and when.

The Evil beings also have a taste for male flesh, but nobody is off limits. Then there are those who are lucky enough to encounter these ghosts, but are left unharmed, so that they can leave the house and tell others about their experience. Those guests stories will attract the curious, and  people who are looking for ghosts, and give the evil beings a constant flow of fresh new victims.

No children are in my book. Everyone is adult, with the exception of a few older teens.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Yes, there is FAR TOO MUCH violence in horror movies today.  Many of such movies are more like slasher movies, give me the horror movies of old where violence is only alluded to............